Scalpels

No POV:

The wall of Balloon's box then begins to open.

Balloon flinches as Cobs grabs his arm and he struggles to get his arm free, but fails to do so.

Fan watches as Cobs drags Balloon out of the room. Cobs then chains Balloon down to a metal table.

"So, what should I punish you with. Drowning? No, you would just float to the top." Balloon watched in fear as Cobs pondered different ways to torture him.

"How about I take something important from you." Cobs says with a large grin spreading across his face.

"I dont have anything you can take." Balloon snapped at Cobs. Cobs slammed his hand down next to Balloon's head, making him jump. "Talk to me like that again and your punishment will be much worse." Cobs growled.

Balloon watched as Cobs walked over to a tray that was lying on a counter, and picked up a scalpel from the tray.

Balloon's heart dropped and his face turned pale. Cobs then walked over to Balloon and began slowly sawing at his arm. Balloon screamed and felt his eyes begin welling up with tears. He tried to fight against the restraints but it only made things worse.

Balloon could feel the warm blood running down his arm and could hear the grinding noise of his bone being sawed through. He shut his eyes tight trying to stay strong, he hoped it would be overwith soon.

After what seemed like hours of sawing, Balloon's arm was completely severed. Tears streamed down his face as he struggled to free himself from the restraints.

Cobs then released Balloon and dragged him back to his box, where he was then shoved in. Cobs grinned and threw Balloon's severed arm into the box.

Balloon began to scream and Cobs looked satisfied with himself. Fan covered his mouth.

"You can keep your arm," Cobs said still grinning, "maybe next time you'll know not to be so nosy." Cobs then walked off and opened Knife's box. Knife glared at Cobs who then took him and dragged him off.

"I cant take this!" Fan said hyperventilating. Fan then rushed over and struggled to try and open his box, to no avail. He collapsed to the ground and curled into a ball, then began to cry.

"Fan calm down," Balloon said holding the stub of what was left of his arm, "we will get out of this..." Balloon was starting to doubt himself. Balloon and Fan had only been there a day, but it didnt seem like there was much of a chance of getting out.

About an hour later, Knife came back, coughing up water and holding his stomach. He looked tired and flopped to the ground once he got in his box.

"Ok, so we've taken care of the eavesdroppers," Cobs spoke, "we can start on the actual subjects tomorrow."

Fan covered his head and backed into one of the corners of his box. Balloon sat there trying to think of different ways to get out, and Lightbulb was asleep.

The lights then turned off. Nobody had realized how late it was, due to the fact that there were no windows in the room. Some people sat and thought, and others decided to go to sleep for the night. Balloon glanced over at Fan, who was now asleep in the corner of his box.

Balloon figured he should get some rest as well. He layed down and struggled to get into a confortable position. He longed to be home, in his bed, safe and warm, not on a cold, hard metal floor.

This was not reality though. He felt sadness and anger and wanted so badly to get out, but there was nothing he could do.

He didnt realize he was crying until he felt the warm tears running down his face. He wiped them and hugged himself. Everything was quiet, and eventually, he fell asleep.