Fading

Fan's POV:

Taco brought Balloon and I to a small clearing, it was against the bottom of a large cliff.

There was a little shelter built against the wall of the cliff. It had a little door and everything.

Taco ushered us inside and when we entered, it was surprisingly spacious.

At least 5 people could fit inside, maybe even more.

There was a small makeshift bed against the wall to my right, and a firepit built in the center.

Taco walked up to the fireplace and began to build it.

Has she really been living in this place?

I glanced at Balloon, who looked anxious.

He didn't seem to feel very safe around Taco. He was just fine before, but then she showed up and he became really nervous.

He rubbed his injured arm.

It still had a bit of a scar from where it had been cut, but it didnt seem to be healing too badly.

Balloon's leg on the other hand...

I could tell he still had a lot of trouble walking, due to the fact that he would trip a lot and limp every time he walked, ocasionally letting out a small whimper when putting weight on it.

It never had the chance to heal properly.

My theory was that Cobs either left it like that to make him suffer, or to make it harder to escape.

Taco finished building the fire, making sure it wasn't too big or too small.

"Balloon can take the bed, since he seems to be in the worst condition." Taco said before walking out the door, then coming back with some large leaves.

She handed me some, then began to lay the ones she had on the ground, making an area big enough for her to lay on.

I proceded to do the same.

Everyone was pretty silent for the rest of the night, Balloon fell asleep almost immediately, and Taco just faced the wall of the shelter, before she eventually fell asleep as well.

I just stared at the ceiling, thinking about what may happen the next day.

What if I can't find Test Tube? Or anyone for that matter?

Thoughts continuously ran through my mind, some being bad, some being good.

I was anxious, but at the same time, I was overwhelmed with excitement.

We had finally escaped, after over a month of being tortured.

It may not seem very long to some people, but if you are experiencing it firsthand, it feels like years.

I laid in silence.

Eventually my eyes became heavy, and I fell asleep.

.

.

.

Balloon's POV:

That feild.

That very same feild that I had seen before.

I felt calm at first, but once again, that unbearable feeling of loneliness came over me.

I didn't bother to call for anyone this time, I knew nobody would come.

I then heard Suitcases voice calling for me.