Chapter 10: Did We Do It?

Recap:

We were almost to the clubhouse when we heard it. A yell. A female yell. And a cackle of someone too familiar.

Back to Reality:

Squid's POV:

"Did... Did you guys hear that?" Stampy stuttered as he turned around to face us. "Yeah, it sounded like..." I started but was interrupted by Stampy blurting out one word: "Sqaishey." "But then who's cackle was that?" Chache asked. "Stampy and I looked at each other and I swallowed. "It's someone who we know VERY well. His name: Hit The Target. Or at what we like to call him, HTT." Lee paled and Amy gasped when we finished. "Who?" Chache scratched his head. "Well, you see, he's our archenemy. Like, our REAL enemy. He tried taking my dogs for goodness sakes!" Stamps yell. "Chill bro. No need to rage NOW. We can do that later." I said. "Sorry. We should probably make a plan to go save, you know, Sqaishey." Stamps said and we all headed inside.

When we got inside, all the light were off. "Ok, who turned off the lights?" Ash asked as he felt around for the light switch, but was not successful. "Me." A voice called from the darkness and we heard a mumbling sound coming from there, along with a chair moving across the wooden floors. Suddenly, the lights turned on and we faced the person we dreaded the most to see: HTT. But worst off, he had Sqaishey tied to a chair with his diamond sword held to her throat. Stampy looked like he was about to explode at any moment. "Well, I see you found your little friend here. Shame you can't help her." HTT said with a sarcastic 'sorry' voice. "Let her go Hit." Stampy said through grinding teeth. "And why should I?" He replied with a slight turn of his head. "Because you know better." I spoke up before Stampy said anything. He laughed, or cackled if I should say, and thankfully lowered his sword from Sqaisheys throat, but unfortunately pointed it at my chest. "You are the reason I'm here. I'll give her back only if you hand over your loyalty to me." Sqaishey shook her head repeatedly and HTT told scolded her by a hard pat on the head with his free hand. I gulped me looked down at the point of the sword to the others. This might be the toughest decision I've ever made in my life. Except that one time when... No Squid. You have a bigger task at hand. "I..." I started but Lee interrupted by placing down a cake. "Cake?" He asked. The cake had a green tinge to it and it was clear that we knew what that means, but we know someone who doesn't. "What?" HTT hissed at Lee and Lee just shrugged. "It's free?" Lee said and HTT cautiously approached the cake. He took his sword, cut a small price and ate it. He chewed and swallowed, but the next second he dropped his sword and throw his hands up toward his neck and gagged. He dropped to his knees and stayed there gagging. We raced toward Sqaishey and untied her arms, legs, and took the gag out of her mouth. "Guys, we need to get out of here before he, you know, gets one of us again." Sqaishey suggested and we all ran out.

We didn't really know where we were going, but we stopped after about 10 minutes of running. We were all out of breath by the time we stopped and we sat down for a break. Turns out we were on top of a hill that overlooked Stampys Lovely World. All the lights were turned on and the view was amazing. Beautiful in fact. "What was in the cake, Lee?" Sqaishey asked once we all got our breath back. "Oh, you know, just some potions that give you, what was it? Oh yeah! Nausea, blindness, and just a tad bit of rotten flesh also." We all laughed because Lee said it so casually like that was a normal cake recipe. Then we heard a roar of an engine from the clubhouse and a blur of red, yellow, green, and black of a jet zoom passed us. "And never come back!" Sqaishey yelled after it and waved a fist in the air. We all laughed at her (not in the mean way) and her only response was "What?" And we started partying for the rest of the night, with of course, plenty of cake to spare. If HTT came back again, we'll be prepared with a real plan and weapons. Only if he comes back. Which hopefully won't happen until along time from now.

"So what now?" Tom asked as we slowly stopped the party. "I say we make a plan for the next time Hit comes back. Get weapons, armor, train, and get a plan. What do you guys think?" I suggested. "Yeah. We do need a plan and we need to be prepared more. I say we do it first thing tomorrow morning." Ash replied and everyone nodded in response. "Let's go back to the clubhouse where there hopefully there won't be any traps." Amy said and started to walk off, followed by Stampy, Sqaishey, Netty, and then the rest of us. We checked every nook and cranny for any traps and HTT didn't put any, probably because he was too scared and don't have time. We set a time to wake up and start planning, training and gathering supplies, which was around 7:30, and we gave each other jobs like trainers (Lee, Finnball, and Stampy), trainees (Amy, Sqaishey, and Rosie) collectors (Chache and Netty), archer (which was me, of course), and the crafters (Tom and Ash). "Night everyone!" Ash yelled. "Night cheese man!" I yelled back and everyone else just said night, which means 'cheese man' was the only thing you could hear from me. Everyone laughed in response and Ash just said, "Woooow..." And with that, I put my head on my pillow and fell under a good nights work of sleep with only one thing on my mind...

Cake.

__________

A/N Oooo... Squid is wanted by Hit! What would he do and what would the others think? Comment what you think Squid and the others should do to stop Hit and his henchmen!

Sorry this update is kinda late, my parents had something do and I had to come along, WITHOUT my device. I finished the update basically right when we came back. Lol, I'm making it sound like I'm gonna die without updating this book, which I will if I didn't update this chapter cuz this is one of my favorite chapties to make. Because there's some DRAMA. And cake. Of course cake. What's Stampys Lovly World WITHOUT cake? Stampys Cake-Less World. That sounds so sad. 😢

And yes, Squid was think about cake when he went to sleep. Who doesn't?

Anyway, Stay Awesome! Peace Out! ✌️