Chapter 16: Joe?

(I'm going to use @littlemermaidpanda's idea for this. Sorry @HollySnowflakeXx. Also, this chapter might get a bit romantic and dramatic, I don't know yet. Just be prepared for something!)

Squid's POV:

He just let me go. Just like that. Well, better now then never. I drank the potion which illuminated everything then I lightly jogged down the hallway, hoping not to be heard, and stopped at the corner and peeked around.

"What do you think Boss is gonna do with the squid person?" I heard one guys ask with a higher, squeaker voice than most here.

"I don't know. Probably use him as bait to get cake guy to properly fight him." Said another dude with a deeper voice. I'm betting that Stampy's the 'cake guy' and I'm the 'squid person'

"Oh. " The first guy replied.

I didn't know, but I was holding my breath the whole time they were talking, so I exhaled all the air I held in.

"Wait, did you hear that? It sounded like someone breathing. It sounded like it was coming from over here..." Deep, heavy footsteps were headed in my direction. I scooted over to the side since there were no closets to hid in, and prayed that they wouldn't find me. A foot appeared in the doorway, followed by a leg, a body, a head, and another leg. The other person, probably the squeaky dude, bumped into the first dude.

"Ops. Sorry." He backed away.

"Urg. Watch it next time." The first guy said and continued looking. They were about 5 feet ahead of me when I made a run for it. Just leg it, Squiddy! As Ash would say. Like, run Squid! Stampy would say.

I looked behind me to find no one chasing after me. Good. Now which way now... I opened the map to find out which way to turn. Left, or right. Left, or right. Right! I ran down the hallway, turned left, right, right, left, straight, left, and out I was. "Finally!" I bent down and grabbed my knees to catch my breath. I heard a nether portal in the background and stood up. My way out. I walked forward about 10 blocks, turned left and there stood a purple portal swirling in all its glory. I walked in a stood there and prepared to be teleported.

~-~ A COUPLE SECONDS LATER ~-~

I was thrown out of the portal and landed stomach first on the grass. I groaned and rolled over on my back. The wind was knocked out of me so it took some time for me to regain breath again and stand up. Grass and trees everywhere. I'm in a forest. Great. Just what I needed. I groaned and started to nerd pole up. I was lucky that they didn't take my blocks. They were planning on it when Joe finally persuaded them to let me keep them.

There. I saw the sign that marked Stampy's Lovely World, but the only problem was how I was gonna get there. It seemed forever away. I sighed and mined the blocks under me and started on my way.

~-~ A COUPLE HOUR LATER ~-~

Finally! I thought. I made it to the sign and I was now heading to the tree train. The sun was starting to set but I was going to make it in time.

And I did. By the time I was there, the sun was basically down. I grabbed a minecart and headed in my way. I'm glad I was home. Home. People say home is where the heart is, and they're right. This is where my heart is, and it will never leave.

The ride back was quite and peaceful, no googlies, no noises, no nothing. Just peace and quite. And closed my eyes and stayed like that until the end of the ride. I felt the minecart slow to a halt and jumped out. I climbed the ladder and headed to the clubhouse. It was so quite that you would hear a pin drop, besides my heavy breathing, and I was climbing the stairs when I heard a constant, steady him of something. I didn't know what it was coming from, but it sounded like it was following me. I stopped to see if I could find what it was coming from, but didn't succeed, so I just carried on walking up the stairs to the clubhouse.