Chapter 18: A New Beginning

Squid's POV:

"What should we do?"

"Dye his hair purple. Heck, I don't know!"

"That would be funny- Ow! What was that for?"

"Shhh! He's waking up!"

I peeled open my eyes a little to see a blinding light consume my vision. I closed my eyes swiftly and dots swirled around. Something warm and sort of rough landed on my shoulder and quickly went away.

"Give him some time! Don't rush him! Boss doesn't want him to freak." That voice... Something about that voice sounds like he could be trouble, yet, kindhearted at the same time.

I opened my eyes slowly, then fully open. Once my vision cleared, I could make out my surroundings. The walls were pure white, not a single smudge of anything anywhere. I was laying slightly down on a metal dentistry-like chair, facing a door that was also white.

Someone leaned over me with a helmet and full armor, colored red, gold, black, and green.

"Hi Squid. How do you feel?" He said. His voice was deep, probably because of the mask.

"Uhhh..." I groaned.

"Uh, ok. Um, what do you remember?" He asked me this time.

"I-I don't remember anything." I said. The truth was, I remember everything. My friends, the big guy with the mask, the force field. Everything. I just don't remember why I'm here.

"Uh-huh. Sure. That's what they all say." He looked to the left and said something in a different language I didn't understand.

"Alright. Stand up." He ordered me. I lifted my head up off the chair and used my arm to support myself. My head pounded when I sat up so I put both arms behind me to keep me up. When the pounding stopped, I brought my legs down off the metal dentist chair.

"Good. You can still stand. Come on. Lets go." He motioned me toward the door and I followed him. The closer I got to the door, the more my head pounded. I fought though the throbbing, and continued to follow him.

We made it out the door and my jaw dropped. We were in the Nether. I only remember that because that's where they put me the first time they caught me. They led me toward a cell at the very end of the hall. From what I remember, that's where they put me last time. The guy stopped me in front of the cell and he opened it up. To my surprise, a person behind me nudged me forward, and I followed. I never knew there was a guy behind me, so when I looked at that person, he looked down at the floor, like he was embarrassed. The first guy closed the door behind me and it locked with a click.

I turned around and put my hands on the bars. I looked out at them and the guy in front of me walked away, swinging the keys. The smaller guy that was behind me looked at the floor a bit longer and walked after the guy. I sighed and say against the back wall of the cell. Think, Squid, think. I started thinking of a way to get out of here. If I grab his keys if he walks by, I could possibly get out of here, if he's dumb enough not to notice, but from what I've seen, he's probably not that dumb. I put my head in my hands, which always seemed to help me think. About 1 hour later, or possibly 10 minutes, time was impossible down here, I started getting a bit sleepy. I fought my instinct to close my eyes and fall asleep, but failed and fell asleep with my head lolled to the side and my legs pulled against my chest.

Amy's POV:

Squid. Squid was all I could think about. How he kissed me back the day he showed up, the way he smiled and laughed whenever someone did or said something stupid. He was the main person that kept the group together. Now, the club was slowly coming apart.

We all headed back to the clubhouse in silence, Sqaishey, Rosie, and Netty standing close by me. When we got there, it was already dark outside and only the torch light lit the path. We walked inside and Stampy went straight to the cork board holding all our to-dos. He wrote something on a piece of paper and stuck it up there. It read: SAVE SQUID!!! I smiled at the thought of us training and preparing for a fight with HTT and his gang.

"I'm going to go to bed." Tom said, and yawned. We couldn't really blame him, it being a crazy day and everything, seeing his brother possessed by Hit and taken by him as well. We sat down in silence at the couch and just stayed there. Sqaishey and Stampy were whispering into each other's ears and stealing a quick kiss ever now and then. I smiled slightly but it soon disappeared when it reminded me of how Squid and I could do that if he was here. Netty and Rosie were sitting on either sides of me, taking quick glances at me to make sure I'm OK, or just twiddling their thumbs, anything to keep them busy. I sighed and sank deeper into the couch.

"Anyone wanna watch some telly?" Lee said, breaking the silence. We nodded in response and he grabbed the remote from the coffee table, or as we like to call it, the cake table. He switched the TV on and the news came on.

"Breaking News: A fellow Minecrafter has just been kidnapped by the dark and mysterious Hit The Target. Reports say that he was possessed by him and is now held captive someplace in Minecraftia, possibly in the Nether. If you know anything about this kidnapping, please contact us at 999-888-7777 (PLEASE DON'T ACTUALLY CALL THIS NUMBER BECAUSE THIS IS NOT REAL. IT MIGHT BE, BUT I DOUBT THAT.) or Stampy's Lovely World what you know and we shall try our best. And now, back to out regular program, The Blocking Dead."

We looked at each other in disbelief. How could the news know about this already? I only happened about 1 and a half hour ago, so it couldn't actually be them, unless it was Hit or his crew. I stood up and went over to the phone.

"Amy, what are you doing?" Chache asked, walking over to me.

"Calling that number to see if it's actually a news program. I'm pretty sure it's HTT, not a news program." I pressed three 9's, three 8's, and four 7's. I rang three times before someone answered. I motioned everyone to be quite and they did.

Hello, this is Joe speaking. How may I help you?

"Uh yes, I just saw the breaking news report and would like to report some, uh, information about this 'kidnapping'."

*Silence* Um, could you please hold on to that thought for a moment? Thank you. He said before I could even reply to his question.

There was some background talking from the other end and someone yelling.

Uh, so what do you know about this kidnapping?

"So, I know that you aren't an actual news program and that this HTT's crew." I said.

*More silence* A different voice, much deeper, came up after my remark. Excuse me? I do not know what you are talking about. Can you please repeat that?

I sighed and just hang up on then.

"It was them. Hit's crew. Someone named 'Joe' answered and then someone else took over at the end." Stampy went pale when I said Joe, and sat back down on the couch.

"Are you OK, Stamps?" Sqaishey said and said next to him, a hand on his back.

"Yeah, it's just, Joe was one of my, and Squid's, old secondary school (Or middle school if you're in the U.S. like me.) friend. He was the one who let Squid go. He works for HTT now." His voice went down into a whisper at the last part and suddenly got very intrigued to his boots. We went silent and looked at each other. How do we respond to that?

"Isn't he the one with the one that had the glasses, swoopy brown hair, and always wore high tops?" Lee asked and Stampy replied with a nod.

"I'm getting tired. How about we go to sleep?" Finnball said. We all agreed and headed off to bed.