Chapter 19: For What Price?

(The picture above is what Squid's cell looks like, but his is darker, almost pitch black. Unless you have a night vision potion on. I also decided that the next few chapters are going to start in Squid's POV.)

Squid's POV:

I woke up to a pounding head and pitch black surrounding me. I rubbed my temples like it would help my pounding head, and as expected, it didn't help at all. I heard a 'Whoosh!' And a crack of something glass breaking and my vision was illuminated. Splash potion of night vision. I instantly knew what it was from my experience with potions and brewing, considering that I'm the one who creates the potions for the MAC.

"Rise and shine, pretty boy." A voice called from the other side of the bars. I flinched at the sound of the deep gruff voice. "Breakie's here, and you're going to have this for the rest of your stay, so if you don't like it, suck it up." He slid something under the barrier and it stopped right in front of my shoe. I leaned forward and grabbed the metal dish that the food was held on.

The contents were a piece of stale bread, cold oatmeal, a bit of orange juice, and a spoon. Not that bad compared to what I was expecting.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, you're going to have training today." The gruff voice said again. I looked up from my bread and met the eyes of the mask.

"Training?" I nibbled on the bread, continuing to stare at the mask.

"Yes, training. Don't ask what type, but just know that you're going to meet the Big Boss. Just be prepared for that." He walked off and left me alone with just my thoughts to keep me company. Training? What training?

My thought racked up my brain with different ideas of training that HTT would do. I finished my breakfast and slid it back under the bars. After that, I just sat in a shadowed corner and just traced my finger through the crack of the bricks.

*TWO HOURS LATER*

A loud clang rang around the cell and woke me up from my nap.

"Get up! Now! And don't make any sudden movements or else ya get hurt!" A voice bellowed. I scrambled to my feet and stood straight up, arms by my side, eyes wide. (A/N I don't know why but this reminds me of Niall Horan in one of 1D's video diaries when they were in THE gym. Good times, good times...) Another clan rang out, much softer this time and the door swung open.

"Follow me. If you run, or try to make a move for that matter, we have guards everywhere in this facility." He turned on his heels and headed towards the left. I tripped over my feet and scurried after him. After many turns and tripping, we entered a room labeled 'Training'.

"I got him, Boss." The guy I was following came to a sudden halt, so I almost ended up running into him. The only thing that caught me was my toes, so thank you toes.

"Good. Nice job, Rob." An extra deep voice came from the middle of the room, so, as curiosity normally does, I peered around the dude and saw an obsidian was chair facing away from the entrance with two guards in matching suits standing on either side of the chair. But something felt off. One of the guards was fidgeting repeatedly, looking left and right slightly, like something was coming to get him.

The guys in front of me stepped to the side so I could get a clear view, and the chair slowly turned around. My heart rate was increasing steadily, waiting to face HTT. The chair fully faced me, revealing the body of HTT, covered in his signature armor from head to toe.

"Hello, Squid." He said in his deep voice. I just glared at him and muttered a small, "Hi."

"Looks like someone's down. Come on Squid, there's no need to be down. Think of all the CAKE we could eat." He said the last two part in Stampy's voice. The Stampy Cat voice. High pitched, cheerful, just like Stamps. My eyes widened at the thought of what he could do to my friends by manipulating his voice to sound just like mine.

He chuckled at my reaction, wide eyed with a wide mouth. How? How is that possible? I thought.

"How's that possible, you ask?" He was looking straight into my eyes, like he was reading my mind. I'll teach you... But for a price. He said in my mind. I stumbled back in shock. He could manipulate his voice, read my mind, and speak inside my mind. He could teach me how, but for a price. But what was the price I had to pay for the ability? And was I prepared to pay that price?

"Wh- What's the price?" Ok, so I may or may not be thinking about paying the price, but it just depends on what it is.

"Oh, you know, only telling me where the MAC's base is and letting me control your mind. Just a small price. Unless, of corse, you want to pay a bigger price for more..."He got up and started walking towards me, circling me. He guy behind me went away without me noticing. That made me worry more, because if he and all the other 'knights' could get away that quietly, then we're in trouble, unless we do the same...

"So what would it be, Squid. Pay the price, get the superpowers, or don't pay the price, and stay here for who knows how long. Your call." He headed back to his chair and sat down. I glared at him as he just sat there, his head leaned against the back of the chair and thumbs twiddling.

"I'll think about it." I said. He got back on his feet, went behind his chair, and came back with two wooden swords.

He threw one at he and I caught the handle with one hand. He nodded and charged right at me. I turned the sword to the correct handling position and blocked the blow Hit had in store for me.

We continued to practice fight for what seemed like forever until he had his sword against my throat and my sword half way across the room.

"Good Squid. Just not good enough." Hit hissed into my ear. He let me go and I walked over to pick up my sword, my eyes still glued onto him and his sodden weapon. He held out his hand once I grabbed it and I handed the handle to him. He went back behind the chair and put the swords up. He shuffled a few things behind there and came back with a price of something... Chocolate.

My eyes must've probably lite up because he looked at me and smiled. He looked back at the chocolate, then back to me, broke the chocolate in roughly half, and handed my the smaller piece. I cautiously raised my hand to grab the piece and once I did, I quickly retracted it just in case he tried to do something. He saw my reaction and chuckled. I didn't take a bite until he took one, just to make sure it wasn't poisoned or something like that. He took a bite and sat back on his chair. I took a bite and found out it was dark chocolate, my favorite. (I actually don't know Squid's favorite chocolate, but we're using dark for this book.)

"You may go now." He said, continuing to eat his chocolate. I turned around, preparing to walk out, ending up face-to-chest in a guard. Ow... I rubber my forehead and the guard grabbed my arm and pulled me along the dark, dirty corridor. Once we got to my cell, he shoved me opinion and locked the door, not bothering to out handcuffs on me. I sat down in my normal corner and ate the end of the chocolate and licked my fingers free of the access chocolate.

"Be prepared for that every. Single. Day. Well, until I-don't-know-when." He walked away and I decided to take a nap, well, more like a sleep, and closed my eyes, wondering what Hit will have in store for me tomorrow.

-~-~-~-~-~

A/N Yay! I updated! Sorry for the confusion yesterday, I just updated Wattpad and they changed the 'Publish' and the 'Save' button so I accidentally clicked 'Publish' instead of 'Save'. Ok, that'll never happen again (Ok, so maybe I'll do it again on accident.) Ok, have a nice day!

Stay Awesome! Peace Out! ✌🏻️