TWO.

I feel as if a rug has been pulled out from under me and I don't know what to do at this point

I want to cry.

I want to run to him.

I want to touch him. Kiss him... be reminded of the sparks and tingles and heat that consumed me everytime his skin was against mine.

But I won't.

Theon is of werewolf blood and not only regular werewolf blood but the product of two Ancients. His senses are naturally more keen than even ours, better yet the average wolf, so he knows what his connection to Theron is. He would not accept a newcomer so easily if he didn't think they belonged in the pack and that was the purpose of introducing them. Marius (who is currently giving me the I told you so smirk) suggested that if Theron was really Theron then his son would confirm it. Wolves know their kin after all... and now the scales have tipped and I have to decide exactly how much I trust my child's judgement. While I will admit it lessens my suspicions somewhat, it does not fully convince me that this isnt Mavina's doing somehow. My guard is still up but I think that's only natural given I have a little one to protect.

So no, I will not give into my urges just yet. I have to be a thousand percent sure because if I am wrong, if Mavina has fooled everyone including Theon, I may lose him forever. Not only that, but it would also confirm that Real Theron is dead...

Essentially, I would lose them both.

I watch Theron as he studies Theon, continuously lifting his eyes away and glancing at each and every one of my male friends. I assume he is comparing them to my son in an attempt to determine which one is the father.

If he only knew...

"Um," Theron scrunches his face in puzzlement, and I hold my breath just waiting. I hope he figures it out on his own because I definitely do not want to have that conversation. I cannot lay that on him right now... at least not until I am beyond this shadow of doubt that eclipses me. But to my surprise, he skips right over Theon's vehement insistence of their relation as if it hadn't happened at all, "did he just bark at me?"

"Because you're a dog, obviously," Rhys huffs. There is an ounce of truth in that statement, though I don't believe Rhys did it on purpose... His real implication was Theon thinks you're ugly. But Theron is far from ugly. Even more so now with the shorter hair and the smooth shaven face. He looks every bit the way he should... the way I remember. Minus the increase in body mass and the eyes, which I refuse to accept.

Theron sucks on his teeth, the miffed glare he sends Rhys reminds me of better times and I pray they will return quickly. I give Theron a reassuring smile. The tension in his body visibly dissolves and now he is looking at our son as if he has no idea what to do next. But he will not have to ponder long because I hear Bug's footsteps clamor down the stairs.