THREE.

It's darker in this house

Colder...

A shadow hangs above all of us, casting shade over our souls and bringing forth an eternal winter. It is almost as if Theon was the sun... forever holding us hostage in perpetual summer ecstasy. Now that he is gone, however, the loss of warmth has seeped into our veins, freezing our hearts.

Lina has stopped crying. And while that would normally be a good thing, currently it is more concerning for me. She lays her head on my chest, empty eyes staring off into nothingness, void of the light that usually fulfills her.

Arabella is under my other arm. Her sobs have quieted to mere sniffles but she still clings to me, as if I am the only thing giving her strength.

A strength I definitely do not feel.

DeLoren is consoling Coconuts. Her thick eyeliner has streamed down her cheeks, coloring every tear that falls black. Her once bright lipstick has all but faded, leaving her lips a purplish hue. She rocks back and forth on the couch, DeLoren whispering reassurances in her ear while rubbing her back.

Anthony and Kai silently pick up the debris scattered about the room. Normally, I would use some sort of tornado metaphor to describe this room but seeing as that is exactly what swept through it, my mind doesn't have the energy for witty one-liners.

Marius and Rhys talk in hushed whispers, discussing a private jet to Barbados but even with their fast, fancy planes, the trip could still take almost five hours. Without knowing Mavina's plans for Theon, we also cannot guarantee we would get to him in time. We need a miracle at this point and I do not know which god to pray to, as this life is still quite new to me.

"Theron," a female voice gasps...

A voice I do not recognize.

My head snaps to the left, a hazy vision standing before me. She has long auburn hair and striking green eyes—petite, not much taller than Bug. She can't be older than nineteen. But her form is not clear... it's translucent almost as if the reception is not strong enough; billowy, like rising smoke.

"Evie," Kai's shocked exclamation catches the attention of everyone else in the room and now all eyes are on this Evie.

Lina shoots out from underneath my arm, her speed startling and impressing me at the same time. "What the hell are you doing here?" She roars, her own eyes flash black, her hands ball into tight fists.

"Why didn't the alarm go off," Bug looks to me as if I have all the answers but even I am stooped on this one. Their security system is sensitive and it detected Mavina almost immediately, so why not this Evie girl?

"Because she is not really here," Anthony says. He tilts his baseball cap forward, rubbing the back of his neck, "Right Evangeline?"

The girl nods, grimly, "I am astral projecting, yes. It is not a violation of my abeyance."