FIVE.

☆ Remember, an "R" is the only thing that separates Theron and Theon so it could get confusing if you're not paying attention

Remember, an "R" is the only thing that separates Theron and Theon so it could get confusing if you're not paying attention. Not gonna lie, it messed me up a little when I read back through it lol Enjoy!

The bowing witches raised their heads, humbled and embarrassed by their actions but that is not enough of an apology for me. We lost quite a few coven leaders today and narrowly escaped an inter-species war. I will not stand for such greed.

Such hubris.

I am not my mother.

"Go home. Get out. All of you! You have not only embarrassed yourselves with this despicable behavior, but me as well," I throw my hands up, a spell blanketing my disgraceful audience, "May the guilt follow you wherever you go. May the shame and regret consume your appearance; your outsides as ugly as your ins. You may ask for repentance over and over again only to be denied until a time that I see fit."

Boils, warts, and seeping pores explode upon their faces, a physical display of the punishment they will have to advertise to the world. Cries of disbelief and anguish fill the auditorium. My sisters touch their cheeks—patting, petting, and caressing their new disgusting features. Gasping at the audacity of my discipline, they mourn the loss of their once beautiful and youthful appearances but the goal has been achieved. They now know, without a shadow of a doubt, that I am not to be trifled with.

"I am sorry that you feel as if the Dravenha treaty has wronged you and I am sorry that you feel your powers are too restrictive but I refuse to simply overlook such disrespect. You're an embarrassment! From here on out you will handle yourself with more dignity and grace because if you do not, I will strip you of your titles so fast your familiars' heads will spin. Now, get out of my sight."

I watch as whimpering witches scatter and scamper about, desperately trying to leave the building before I change my mind and curse them more severely. I don't plan on that, obviously, but they do not know it. My mother was more unpredictable during her reign and trauma runs deep within our mystical kind, rooting itself and spreading—multiplying—into fear.

I assume I should be more understanding... Some may have just followed my mother being too afraid to question her tactics but by the hungry look I saw in their eyes today, I very much doubt it.

"Evie," Lina gently grasps my arm, tearing my attention from the audience, "Thank you. I don't know if I can ever rightfully repay you, but I hope we can mend our relationship and form a deeper alliance with you and your covens." Theron wraps an arm around her waist, his eyes agreeing with her honesty. Relief fills me to the brim and I release a breath I didn't know I was confining. I expected them to hold a grudge... to be cross with us for years to come. I saw a turbulent future with the Ancients—the possibility of retaliation just dangling over the precipice.

My apprehension is alleviated by their declaration of peace.

"I would like that, very much," I replied. And I mean it. I want nothing more than to put the past behind us, moving forward in a mutual understanding that there are worse things out there than the petty squabbles between us.