ONE.

Home

Home...

"Read 'em and weep, boys," Bug throws her head back in goading laughter. Groans resound from around the table as my brothers slam their cards down, another hand lost to the little hustler.

Home...

Coconuts, Anthony, and Rhys Not Like the Candy Bar are huddled in front of the big screen that displays their first-person shooter skills... and I snicker every time Keeley kills them. "We're on the same team," they keep exclaiming vehemently but she disregards them with another headshot.

Home.

"Er! Oof! Da, oof! Er!" Theon pats my head, swaying on his little legs. Drool is glistening off his chin and dripping onto my fur.

But I am home.

"He's barking at me again," I grumble. My son pulls at my hair, climbing over me very ungracefully before trying to grab onto my wagging tail.

Mastering the mind link was simple, I had that down pat in less than ten minutes. Lina gave me some kind of house metaphor or what the fuck ever... said someone once taught her to mind link using the same technique.

Pretty sure that person was a fucking idiot.

I accepted my age.

Accepted my past.

Accepted that I met Lina when she was just a child and bedded her as a woman (though that was a bit harder to swallow).

I have even accepted my sacrificial death.

Everything made sense and the answers to my questions were easily obtained.

All of that was surprisingly fairly simple.

What is proving more difficult is getting back to my human form. For some goddamn reason, I just can't do it. So I have been here, on the floor, in this huge game room for almost two hours fucking stuck.

And apparently, also wrong.

From what they've told me, I have three separate forms—A human, a lycan, and a wolf and I should only be able to shift in that order consecutively.

The pattern cannot be broken.

But I am Theron and I am learning that my luck is fucking shitty.

I skipped the order of my expected shifts. No lycan appeared. No human body will come back to me.

I am fucking stuck.

Lina, chuckles at my predicament, "He knows his animals."

Can werewolves roll their eyes? I feel like I just rolled my eyes, "Great. So now I'm just his fucking pet dog."

She does this half laugh half gasp thing before swatting at me, like I am fucking joking or some shit, "Theron!"

"Lina," I mock, "If you're going to scold me, at least do it properly. Yell 'bad dog,' like a normal pet owner."