Chapter 28

Andrei's PoV

"There's a con sa UPD next week, g ba tayo?" I closed my book and looked at my friend who's smiling like a freak.

"Anong con? Maski ba 'yan?" Gier asked Heather.

"Yup! Let's buy ticket na...hindi ba kayo stressed sa DLSU? I swear to St. Ignatius, mababaliw na ako!"

"Libre mo?" I smirked at her.

Nakita ko namang umirap siya at humawak sa kaniyang beywang bago ako madramang harapin. "Kuripot mo naman!"

I chuckled, "I'm just asking if it's your treat. If not then I will buy mine."

"Sige na! I'll go home na...o-order-an ko kayo ng tickets, ha? Just pay me tomorrow nalang. Bye-ie!" Aniya at mabilis na dinampot ang kaniyang mga gamit.

"Hatid na kita," I stood up and snatched her bag.

She then looked at me like she was so overwhelmed that I would accompany her. "You look like a dog, stop that," I smirked.

Her expression shifted real fast. From looking like a sweet puppy to a scary dragon. Gees, this lady.

"Let's go na, lagot ka na naman kay Jolene..." marahan ko siyang hinatak palabas ng bar.

I immediately saw the car of her ever-patient cousin waiting for this mad dog. Jolene went out of her Fortuner, she looked tired but still stunning. Hindi ko ba alam sa pagpinsang Alejos na ito, kahit anong pagod ay nananatili ang magagandang aura. Ang kaibahan lang...Heather looked more approachable than the older Alejos. 

"Hi!" Heather happily greeted her cousin while waving her hand.

"Thank you, Drei..." Jolene said and showed a soft smile. Tinanguan ko lang ito at nang makitang nakaalis na aypumasok na rin ako sa bar.

The night was long but my mother made it like a fucking morning. I was startled when I saw her crossed-armed in front of our mansion's door. Dahan-dahan akong lumapit sa kaniya. I hugged her and kissed her temple.

"It's passed 2 na ma, why are you still outside?" I asked.

When I looked at her I instantly saw her dagger look. I'm in big trouble. She was fuming and slightly pushed me to get away from my hug.

"It's passed 2 but you just went home, Andrei Ismael," she seriously said.

"Sorry na ma, babawi ako. I promise!" I raised my right hand to convince her.

"You always go home late. Hindi na nga ako nasasabayan ng papa mo sa dinner pati ba naman ikaw?" Kahit pa sinesermonan niya ako, nanatiling malambot ang kaniyang tono.

Even if she's angry she would always manage to be gentle. Her voice was like a voice of an angel...soft and comforting.

I smiled and hugged her from the back. "I'm sorry na mama kong maganda. I'll go home by 5 tomorrow...I mean later!" I chuckled.

"Is it morning or noon?" Mataray niyang tanong.

"Morning of course. Kaya pasok na tayo, 'pag nagising si papa'ng wala ka sa tabi niya, lagot ka," I teased her. "Aw!" I held my arm that she slapped.

"Ikaw ang lagot sa papa mo," she remarked. "Good night ijo, take a shower before you sleep..." she kissed my cheek before going upstairs.

She's in her 50s but she has still had that model-worthy caliber. I smiled while watching her every step. I promised myself that if I'll love someone, it has to be like my mom. Gentle, kind, and always has herself composed. Kahit hindi na maging kamukha niya...but I'll be honest, of course, I'll see the look first, I'll be captivated by the looks and will fall for the personality. That's a pill everyone has a hard time swallowing.