Chapter 39

A/n: Just to clarify, I have nothing against Moon Goddess' or other fictional gods or Goddesses. They are all good and divine forgiving and kind and so motherly. I just want to have some twists and some what I think is a good back story to my story. Thank you everyone for your overwhelming support.
****************†*********†*******†**********

The man that looked like Ylsen is an ancient young architect named Madip that offered to improve the temple. All other temples are big and lavish and this is the only temple that can only accommodate a number of worshipers.

The lovestruck priestess agreed  to all and every word he suggests. When he said dig a rabbit whole like labyrinth so malicious people can't steal anymore, she agreed and hired people to dig under Madip' supervision. When he said cut down a mountain to make strong bricks out of pure solid rock, she said okay. He said cut down the trees in the entire forest to make the decorations, she even carved some herself.

You see, he is an ambitious young and rookie architect. He wanted his first building project to be the most magnificent .

And she is a fool. Assuming his friendliness to be a sigh of affection towards her. When there really is none.

When the structure is finished, he left satisfied with his work. The priestess who is now a normal human grieved for she lost her heart to a good man. But she promised to find him again and make him hers. Courting could also be the other way around.

But she didn't get the chance.

The arakka appeared out of nowhere. It swallowed one city after another. A phenomenon she didn't see because it was caused by the mischief of the gods and goddesses.

They Goddess of Fate, her mother gave her guidance.

She lead the monster into the sea to meet its match, the kraken that have been in slumber for a very long time.

After seeing the probabilities, almost all leads to her death. Only escaping can guarantee she'd live a few more years before still dying because of this large worm.

She still have a lot of regrets towards Madip but she choose to save the other cities that is left.

She plunges into the deepest part of the ocean and forced her remaining power and life force to wake the other beast.

Her sacrifice didn't end in vain. She saved the world. The Goddess of Fate wept for her only child and brought her home.

The worshipers gave her a long mournful burial. They mummified her and placed her inside a golden statue of her sitting like she is always watching out for them like always.
They put the heart of the beast in front of her as a trophy of her victory against it. It was given the Moon Goddess. And turned it into a big ball of jade.

Her entourage and elite warriors all accepted to be placed in the statues around her once they died. One of the teachings the priestess firmly believes is that they should treasure the life given to them. It took a century to fill all the golden statues.

As time passes by, less and less people comes to the temple. But theft is sometimes can't be avoided.

So the remaining worshipers hid all the valuables inside the labyrinth and was never found again. The temple was forgotten.

Then vampires and werewolves appeared. Werewolves sauntered around the area and found the exquisite abandoned temple.

With all the traces of the Goddess of Fate's locked away somewhere in the labyrinth, they never knew it was belong to the Goddess of Fate.

They turned it into the Moon Goddess' temple.

..,....,.,.......,......
After that, they suddenly felt like they were sucked in the middle of the hurricane. They felt extremely nauseous and then they spitted out to roll on a very dusty floor.