Chapter 11

She dreamed about walking down the aisle, long veil trails behind her. It catches the flowers Star scattered on the floor. Gylsen is at the end beside the man that is staring at her with so much love. And then he will hold her hand tight when she reaches him. He will be teary and say she is the most beautiful woman he ever seen. And Star would complain from the audience. They will vow cheesy vows and Felix have remarks that everyone will ignore.

Then they will kiss as the priest says 'You may now kiss the bride'. They will photograph the moment then proceed to a short stop at the reception. Then they will escape to start the honeymoon. They will have an emotional moment when they leave the house to go to their new home and start a family.

Those are the dreams Alice made when she became a human. Simple. But then now she remembers. She was a wolf. And wolfs don't usually marry. They live together in a pack.

This is the start of Alice's dilemma of the day. It is their last day and they will all go home the next evening. And when they go home, she can't sleep with Ylsen every night. But she also doesn't want to leave the home she loved now. She is selfish that she want to have both of the choices but that is quite impossible since Ylsen will be going back to his own town when he finished his substitute classes in the daycare.

Now that it crossed her mind, where did he came from?

Then she realized something. She doesn't know anything about him. She doesn't even know his full name. What if he have a family in his pack? For many years he didn't have his mate, did he mate with another woman? Wait. How old is he by the way? Did he have children with another woman already?

Alice started to nibble her nails. She got so many things in her mind and she is dying to know it all. But she can't think of a way to ask him without looking like an aggressive and possessive bitch. (She is not aware she is already aggressive enough.)

One thing she is on the beach seated on one of the lounge chairs when next thing she knew, she is flying to the deep part of the water, and she landed on her stomach before she could even scream.

The crowd have various reactions but Felix is the loudest. He is laughing his ass off. He is actually the culprit. He joined a game of strength. The one to throw farthest wins a hundred thousand bucks. Felix being so full of himself decided to a heavy one which is Alice who seems to lost her mind somewhere far. Then the kids volunteered to add the weight so they cling to her like koala and enjoyed being thrown with with her. All at the time she is being paranoid over Ylsen.

Alice let herself float while she is nursing her very hurt stomach. To the point that she is nauseous. She is having hard time to breathe because her nasal and throat stings from the sudden surge of water that went in. She tried to groan the pain away but of course it did not fucking work. So she is suffering the consequences of Felix' boastfulness.

"Yey!  One mowe! Star wants to fyy mowe!" She can hear the kids being hype near her.

"Mowe!  Mowe! Mowe!" Gylsen chanted and flail on the water. Mason did the same will laughing contagiously.

She wish she is too but the pain is taking all the fun away. It sucks big time.

She is listening to the kids' animated chat telling each other how they felt when they were thown and how the landed. She can hear someone swimming to their direction and when she looked it was Ylsen. She just waited for him patiently since she can't go anywhere when the pain still isn't subsided. Oh the pain! She swear to all the rocks in the beach she will hit Felix later.

"Hi. How are you doing?" He looks like he is having a fun time to. Poor little Alice don't have anyone sympathetic to her.

"I'm having fun. Having fun trying to breathe. Having fun trying to repair my organs that seemed to detach from their cavities." She answered  sarcastically. But she is not mad at all. Not to Ylsen at least. Maybe to Felix that she now want to take a finger off of him or two. SHE IS NOT MAD AT ALL!  She will just chop down Felix' dick later.