Chapter 30

"Wow... the harpie is pushing back the big wolf." Alice heard werecats comment.

Alice frowned again. She thinks that the alpha wolf was holding back. Though she is wounding the harpie, it don't strike enough to hurt the harpie too much. The harpie though seemed to want to beat her half to death. Alice experienced one of those knock down attacks before when she was a wolf and she broke a couple of ribs, shoulder and damaged a number of her internal organs. The alpha wolf is tough.

Harpies are one of their hardest opponents when she was still in army. It's hard to catch someone flying or on top of trees when you are all fours on the ground. Their wolf forms are just play toys for harpies so they have to hunt in human form when they have to catch harpies making trouble in Silvermoon.

So it is amazing to see that a wolf is matched to a harpie.

She saw how the harpie dived down again and the wolf caught her. The crowd watched in anticipation when the alpha is pushing down her paw on the harpie by the throat to the ground and the harpie 's sharp talons are slowly digging her gut. They are waiting impatiently for who will win the dominance.

"Mrs. Alice. Miss Alexa would like to inform you that Miss Diane is awake and looking for you."

Her head fwipped to the side to see a young elf talking to her. Exactly the same time the crowd cheered.

She looked back the fight and saw them both sit down on the ground to start cleaning themselves. She kinda was looking forward to seeing how it happened and who win. Talk about bad timing and spoilers.

She looked away but she was sure she saw the alpha looked at her way. But she don't have time to verify since Alexa calling her looked urgent.

She walked down the hall and followed the elf towards the elevator. She was already inside when she saw a pup inside as well. She looked at it and it looked back at her with its tongue lolling to the side. She let out a low laugh and picked it up.

"You naughty baby. How did you sneak in?" It just looked at her while panting. It looked so cute.

The elevator opened and they walked towards Alexa that is trying to push Diane back down the sofa. Diane is struggling but obviously in a weak state. They are surrounded by a medical team.

Alice let the pup down to go to them.

"Hey. What happened?" Diane's head immediately faced her. But her eyes widened and looked pass her. She looks in a really bad shape.

Her lips trembled and used both her hands to wipe her face harshly in frustration.

"Oh God. I'm sorry I'm too late." She said and sobbed. Her voice is coarse and looks painful to talk.

Alice didn't understand what she mean but her heart drummed almost felt like it is cracking her chest and deafing her ear.

"What are you talking a... " Her question trailed off and looked at the monitor behind her the Diane looked at. She totally black out. She could only see the screen. She didn't even hear the collective gasps from everyone around. And Alexa calling and shaking her to come back to her senses.

Jared is looking up smugly the camera with the twins curled together on the cold floor of the royal palace of Tearmoon!

The first thing she did is to pull out her phone and call Berry but she is didn't answer. She is tapping her feat on the floor and dialed Miles' since he is in speed dial.

She felt like dying inside as she waited for him to answer. Her nails broke and bled as she was biting it hard. She can feel her body left all heat and warmth and felt cold. Extremely cold. Inside out.