ch. 6 Serve

“Serve them. They were here first,” he told me.  

I cursed under my breath and laid out the menus. They grabbed them and looked through them greedily. I breathed a quiet sigh of relief; they hadn’t even bothered to look up.

I bit down on my lip. I spoke too soon.

The man at the head of the table watched me curiously, his brown hair was gelled back perfectly and his teeth sparkled white like those GQ models. They were Rich Eastland boys. I don’t even know why they bothered coming down to the West.

“Can I get you guys anything to drink?” I asked as calmly as I could, completely ignoring birthday boy.  

 A sly grin slithered onto birthday boy’s face as he recognized me.

“They all looked up and the same snake-like grin slithered onto all their faces.

“Yes, how about a tall glass- of you?” birthday boy asked with a wink.

The blonde one-- whose cheek was still bright purple-- stared at me angrily.

“Yes, Angela,” he began in his nasally voice. He let his eyes wander over my chest as he casually read my name tag. “I think we’d all like to start with dessert. You seem to have left a little before we got any last night” he spoke sternly.

They all looked like hungry, vengeful animals, furious from the beatings they had gotten and having their prey escape them.

I swallowed hard.

“I’m afraid the entrées are served first. What would you like?” I asked, ignoring their innuendos.

The birthday boy gave me a hard stare.  He had wanted me to squirm in his hands like a broken-winged butterfly, but I was a tad tougher than thatr.

“Today’s special, alfredo pasta, have you had it before?” he asked eagerly.

 “I’m sorry, I believe I was taking your order, not mine. Would you like the pasta?” I answered back bluntly.

“You’ve never tasted the cream sauce?” he leaned in closer to me.

They all quietly watched my reaction. 

“No,” I spat.

They all burst into laughter. Birthday boy held his hand up and they all shut up instantly.

“You’ve never had that cream touch your lips, melt on your tongue and creep inside you?” he repeated, licking his own lips as if that might excite me.

I glared at him.

“Four orders of today’s special,” he winked. I put in their orders and brought them to the table.

As I leaned toward them, placing the plates in front of each of them, one of them tried to peek down my shirt. I glared at him. He winked.

I put birthday boy’s plate in front of him and I felt a hand graze along my bum and thigh.

“HEY!” I shouted, accidentally spilling some of the pasta on the birthday boy’s lap- not that I didn’t already want to do it.

“You’re paying for this!” he shouted at me. He stood up immediately, running into a tall figure behind him. The figure made him jump back and away about five feet.

“I thought I told you not to touch her,” the figure spoke through clenched teeth.

I turned and saw those dark green eyes glaring at the table of guys with such restrained fury I thought he might pop before he snapped their heads off.