ch.32 Sweetest Place

“Come on, I wanna show you what I do all day long” Harry said with a wink. He took my hand and led me through a hallway.

“Where are we going, Hally?” I asked in a higher, more innocent voice as I tried to sound like that little girl.

“The sweetest place on earth” he told me in a sing-song voice- the kind your parents use to read fairytales.

Harry stopped abruptly when we reached the end of the corridor. He stood protectively and eagerly in front of the double doors.

“What I’m about to show you is top, top secret. You have to promise you won’t tell or show anyone” he spoke in a low, but teasing voice.

“I swear” I promised and I held my hand over my heart.

The corner of his lips went up just a tad and a dimple showed through.

“You have to give me something sweet in order to get something sweet” he winked and leaned toward me.

I patted my back pocket and found a watermelon jollyrancher, my breakfast on-the-go. I unwrapped it and popped it in my mouth.

“You’re gonna have to get it” I told him slyly.

Harry laughed.

He leaned in close to me, but I took a half step to the left.

Slightly surprised, he took my teasing as a little game, which made him even more determined.

Harry held his arms out, like a defensive line-backer- and tried to trap me.

He succeeded too quickly, but I wouldn’t let him have it that easy. I jerked and twisted in his arms, making it difficult for him to lower his lips to mine. But he finally did and he held me even tighter in his arms than ever before- as his fears of me trying to “fly away” were coming true.

He licked my lower lip and tried to wrestle my tongue for the candy, then he just plain wrestled.

The sugary candy was dissolving fast and Harry could have gotten it for himself, but I had a feeling he was enjoying himself too much to just take it and win.

"That will do" he grinned- about a minute after the candy was finished. 

He opened the double doors and revealed shelves upon shelves of flour, sugar, milk, eggs, everything a bakery could ever need.

There were a few older women busy frosting cakes, beating eggs, and snacking on cookies in the corner.

Harry took my hand and led me to a counter.

I laughed as he started to juggle a few eggs.

One of the older women eyed us suspiciously- you’d think laughing was a crime.

Harry ignored her and cracked the eggs into a bowl.

“Mix that in for me, babe” he said as he went around the kitchen gathering up the rest of the ingredients in his arms.

I took the whisk.

“Woah, easy there” he grinned. He set the ingredients down on the counter and leaned close behind me, putting his hand over mine so that I mixed the eggs more slowly and evenly.

“That’s better” he spoke quietly by my ear.

Harry just stood behind me a minute, wrapping his arms loosely around my waist as he leaned his chin on my shoulder.

“What are we making?” I asked.

“My famous chocolate cupcakes” he declared proudly as he eyeballed some flour and had me stir in some milk.