ch.34 Not even our clothes

Harry’s eyes widened in surprise and curiosity. He looked uncontrollably enticed, like he was determined to win whatever kind of war I had just waged.

He let his gaze fall to my lips, then back up to my eyes.  He pulled me into his lap and began kissing down my neck.

I started to move away from him and his immensely strong grip. That was his other weakness: me leaving him, which was just as stupid as I knew it might be necessary one day. I thought back to the man from the jail. I had no idea who he was, but he seemed to understand my situation better than me. 

“What’s the matter? Afraid you’re gonna lose?” Harry asked teasingly as he pulled me back into his lap with relative ease.

“No” I purred playfully.

He let his fingers following along my sides as he tickled me left and right.

I jerked away from his prodding fingers, but that only made me tickle me more.

“Ok ok” I surrendered.

Harry just laughed and continued to tickle me.

“Ok! You win!” I said in accepted defeat.

“I know” he grinned triumphantly and he slid his hand along my side, slowly, gently.

I rested my head against his shoulder and smiled as his warm breath fluttered over my cheeks.

I lay in his arms like that for a while.

Neither of us dared to move; we were too comfortable, too at peace to want to stray an inch.

“Harry,” I asked him after a while.

“Umm” he nodded and I felt his Adam’s apple vibrate slightly against my head.

I traced the wearing black leather of his jacket, from his shoulder and down his arm.

“Don’t your arms get tired?” I asked a bit out-of-the-blue. I tilted my head up slightly, so that I could see his marbles.

“Tired of what?” he asked patiently, even though he was clearly a bit confused.

“Tired of holding me?” I asked in a quieter voice.

It’s not that I didn’t think he could physically hold me; it was more that I didn’t know how long he was willing to do it, whether he felt like he had to because I might try to leave him.

Harry searched my eyes a long moment.

“Why would I ever get tired?” he asked me with slight concern. He thought I was judging his endurance and he looked determined to hold me into the next century to prove me wrong.

“No, I mean I’m not going anywhere. You don’t have to hold me like it’s your last time” I told him in a softer voice.

I let my finger follow the line of his jaw and cheeks, wanting him to smile and show his dimples.

“How do I know that for sure?” he asked honestly. I could see the gleam of gold in his eyes. He was really, truly afraid I would leave and even more worried I would eventually have to.

Eventually. I hated letting time stomp all over every happy moment Harry and I had together.

“You don’t” I said quietly and I patted his chest- just over his heart- delicately.

I felt something fall from his chest and into the pit of his abdomen. His eyes widened with terror, but also an undeniable determination as he tightened his grip around me.

“You just have to trust me” I told him quietly. I looked up into his eyes, hoping to find that gleam of gold again.

“I trust you” he answered honestly.

“I just don’t trust the world to let me have you” he admitted and he smoothed his thumb along my cheek and to the corner of my lips.

Unable to take the sincerity of his tortured words, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him close.

He took my face in his hands and pressed his lips to mine urgently.

I wanted to prove to him and myself that I wasn’t going to let anyone or anything come between us.

Not even our clothes.

I tugged at the collar of his jacket and he took it off swiftly.

Harry leaned close to me, pressing me down onto the couch with the weight of his body.

He slid his hand along the curve of my back and lifted me up just enough that our chests fit like an old puzzle again.

I kissed along his neck and collar bone, tasting him like he was my personal cupcake. I felt the blood thicken in his veins against my lips.

His hand rested on my hip, then he glided lower, grasping my thigh.

I wrapped my legs around his waist, holding him in my own little trap. 

I slid my hand under his shirt, following the contour of his abdomen and chest muscles and he almost ripped his shirt off.

He pressed his warm, demanding hands along my back and tugged my shirt off.

Hungrily, he let his tongue glaze down the new skin.

His lips met mine again and he moaned into my mouth as his tongue found mine.

“Angela” he whispered urgently- against the lace of my bra and down to my waist.

He kissed the lace of my underwear, which peaked out slightly from my jeans.

His hands gripped my hips and he quickly tugged down at my jeans.

I wriggled under his grip as he pulled them off completely.

He let his breath fan over the lace of my underwear.

An electrifying burst of heat tingled deep within me. 

His marbles wide with an infinite power to release and yet restrain himself.

He stared down at me under him, scanning my body eagerly, taking in every line and curve as if trying to distract himself from going further.

From going all the way.

But it seemed to do the opposite.

"Harry" I whispered in a breathy voice.

I was impatient as much as I was afraid and I tugged at his belt.

His breath was deep and heavy.

I could see him growing stiff as his desire battled his restraint.

But seeing wasn't enough.

I wanted to feel him inside me.

to be continued...