ch.30 Fly away

The warm, protective arms that had comforted me through the night were gone in the morning. I didn’t expect Harry to stay with me until Danny and the rest of the boys awoke; that would have been suicide.

But that didn’t stop me from feeling annoyed and slightly hopeless, knowing that the one person, the one thing that could ever make me happy had to be kept a secret. It had to be a secret for both me and Harry’s sake- especially for Harry’s life. 

I walked downstairs to the living room. It looked like the remnants of a frat party. I couldn’t tell Niall’s arm from Tony head from Zayn’s quiff. But I didn’t see Harry’s curls or his round marble eyes or his large, sturdy hands peek out from the mass of hung-over men.

I filled up a water gun.

“Rise and shine, boys” I smiled like Jackie Kennedy, but held my gun like General Lee.

“Five more minutes, mom” Zayn hummed.

“I’m not your mother. Go home” I said as I nudged his arm with my gun.

Zayn shook his head slowly and curled up to Niall.

I sprayed their faces, arms, legs- I couldn’t tell anything apart so I just sprayed to my heart’s content.

“Hey! Watch it, lady!” Tony shouted as he jerked up from a quite thick hangover.

He looked about ready to grab my gun and drown me in the remaining water.

“This isn’t a bachelor’s pad. Go home!” I repeated even louder now.

Tony grumbled something under his breath and threw his pillow at me.

“I like my eggs sunny-side up” Niall whispered to his blanket as he licked his lips.

“Get up!” I yelled, growing increasingly frustrated.

They were the reason why Harry couldn’t have stayed. They were the reason why the house smelled and looked like a goddamn frat party.

I threw a pack of beef jerky at Niall’s head. He turned his head at the smell of the food and caught the jerky with his teeth.

“Hey, Angela, what’s all the yelling about?” Danny asked as he rubbed his eyes sleepily. He walked to the living room in his sweats. Finally, someone to bring some sense.

“Oi! Boys!” Danny raised his voice.

Tony looked up dizzily.

“Ay Danny” Tony greeted with a casual flick of his hand.

“Move over, man” Danny mumbled as he nudged Tony.

I stared at them, completely dumbfound and uncontrollably pissed off.

I was about to fill a bucket of water and pour it over their drunken heads, but I didn’t want to get burned at the stake. So, instead, I tried to make use of their drunken state.

 “Danny, where’s Harry?” I asked casually.

“Hazzzzzzza isn’t here” he answered back obviously and with a lazy smile.

“He didn’t have too much fun lasssst night” Niall laughed.

Zayn hummed peacefully into Niall’s back.

“Well where is he now?”

“Umm, I dunno. Maybe with Noreaga or Pablo…” Tony answered nonchalantly.

“Who are they?”

“His dealers” Tony said more to his arm than to me.

“Or” Danny interrupted. “Or, he’s doing some servicey thing at the station” he mumbled.