I

Ardyn gently begins to pull back the wire fence until there is a small gap for me to pass through. To where it lead to, I didn't know. He turns back to me expectantly with a calm voice.

"No more teleportation from here. Where we are going, they don't have transmission waves. We need to go by foot."

I nod slowly at that as I duck under the wire he holds up for me. Carefully crawling through the fence surrounding the edge of Ring-Bay and stepping into what seems like a an overgrown forest. This was dead land. Preserved and left of what was once the Azon.

"Where is it that you're taking me?" I ask him quietly as he carefully climbs through the fence. Voice hoarse from lack of use since the time I watched the people I cared about die before me. It was still raw. Visions of them engraved in my mind. Ardyn dusts himself off before standing up straight and looking at me.

"Under Bakuda, there is a secret training facility. You will be able to prepare there without distractions along with the others."

"Others?" I question as Ardyn adjusts the backpack on his shoulders and begins to walk into the forest, I follow behind quickly.

"Other Descendants." He confirms seriously as he turns back to me and I blink at this, remembering how I was about to be tested to see if I was one back at The Council bureau. I couldn't help but fix my mind on them.

"They're Gods right? Is that what they call them?" I question, pushing past large leafy green plants as I try to walk closely behind Ardyn.

"Not all of them." Ardyn announces and walks a small bit further before stopping. I catch myself quickly before almost bumping into him from behind. He turns around to me with a quirk of his brow. Already starting to sweat from the humidity of the Azon.

"What did they teach you in school about the Descendants?" He questions curiously, testing my knowledge on the subject.

I shrug at him.

"I was never tested for it so I was never told about it. None of it is part of the syllabus so they don't care if we know or not. Are they evil? Like the Trainors?"

Ardyn suddenly plants his hands on my shoulder and inches closer to me, eyes looking frustrated.

"Whatever they told you about the Trainors is a lie. The Trainors were not evil. They saved everyone from the dark war. If it wasn't for them, risking their lives to protect us...Gonora would be ash. we would not be here today and what do we give them in return?" He looks livid on the subject and I gulp.

"We exterminate them. Making sure that a power as great as theirs can never be used by anyone again who is fortunate enough for the chance."

"But...if the Trainors are truly gone, why still test for it?" I ask curiously.

"So that they stay gone." Ardyn responds almost in disgust and I blink at that, the realisation of them ever finding out if there was a Trainor, they would kill them instantly. I gulp at the thought.

We continue on for a short while through the Azon before Ardyn suddenly speaks.

"There are 3 types of Descendants. You have the Blood Descendants which are from the original bloodline - like you. Your grandmother's name was Christa who was the daughter of Anya Bolvinger and Bowen Angelov. They are your great grandparents and you are their Descendant." He says looking back at me and I say their names in my head in order to remember.

"Anya was a princess from the Sky Lanes and Bowen was a warrior from the Dry Lands." He says before stopping and turning around to face me making me stop in my tracks as I look up at him.