X

"I think I'm officially losing it."

I say slowly as I watch Dream look around him from where he was perched inside the vent at the corner of the bathroom. I hold my hand out in front of me as I look at it, expecting to see double and thinking I was beginning to hallucinate from the operant dosage when Dream turns to me with a confused look.

"What are you doing?"

Nope. This is real.

"What...are you doing? More specifically- what are you doing in a vent?" I counteract with a raised brow moving away from the sink and over to him.

"I'll explain everything." He sighs before glancing nervously at the bathroom door and lowering his voice to a whisper.

"Follow me."

"Yeah...I don't think so." I say, my brain now speeding up and coming to terms with the fact that everything about this seemed ridiculous. This was ridiculous.

"Please...I really need to show you something." He pleads with big blue eyes. He seemed worried and that was when I became alert to the idea that maybe there was something important in these vents and not just a manipulative ploy on Dream's end to go exploring in a dusty dark vent.

I sigh as I run a hand over my face tiredly.

"Scooch over then."

Dream moved back in order to create space for me to fit in and I would be lying if I say I didn't doubt whether I would be able to fit in the vent with how small it looked from the outside but to my shock and somewhat horror...as we ventured through, the space became larger and just large enough for Dream and I to crawl side by side through the dark vent.

When I dove head first into the second over-hanging cobweb however, that's when I had reached my breaking point.

"Where the hell are we even going and how did you even get in here?" I ask turning to him with a twitching eye as we crawled.

"I told you before, I've been here since I was a kid. I got bored and decided to explore. This place really is bigger than what they make it out to be." He explains glancing at me and I look at him confused from the side.

"What do you mean bigger?"

Dream stops crawling and I turn back to look at him.

"I mean...there's like a whole other floor below us that we don't even know about." He says, his voice hinting concern and curiosity. I frown at this.

"We can't get to it on foot." He continues on. "There's no elevator for the floor. It's like it doesn't even exist. Only the vents go through it."

"Have you been in there?"

He shakes his head.

"I've only seen it through the vents. I have never gone in there."

"What's down there?" I question slowly and a look of fear crosses Dream's features.

"It's dark. Really dark. The only light comes from a door. I think there's a secret stairway that leads to it somewhere on Level 0-"

"Okay." I cut him off when he becomes excited. Not liking how this has turned into a quest to find the mysterious door to this mysterious isolated floor. What must be down there and is being kept a secret from everyone is there for a reason...this was starting to feel dangerous and I didn't want any part in this. Especially being responsible for a fifteen year old if something were to happen.

"I'm turning back." I say seriously and Dream puts a hand on my shoulder with wide eyes, stopping me.

"I'm sorry that's not why I brought you here."