IV

"Stop."

I say hoarsely after a while of holding onto Micah as we made our way through the forest quickly on horseback. Micah's wound seemed to be seeping into a lot of his shirt making it damp. I was struggling to breathe. I needed to stop.

Micah throws his head back to glance at me before slowing the horse to a canter then a stand still. I jump down off of the horse then and make my way over to a tree, chest pounding as I took a breath, leaning against it as my head felt dizzy.

"Are you hurt?" Micah questions in concern as he carefully makes his way down from the horse. My eyes widen as I look over at him incredulously.

"You can't seriously be asking me that question right now. How the hell do you think I feel after watching Ardyn- who turns out was my real father this entire time- be murdered in cold blood."

"I'm sorry." Micah cringes at his words, realising the sensitivity of the situation that happened not but a few hours ago and I shake my head at him, knowing he meant well as I reached into my pocket. Pulling out the cylinder tube I stole from Ezekial.

"You have it." Micah states as he looks between the tube and me with wide eyes. I hold up the cylinder shaped tube as I turn it slowly around, examining it and the glowing red substance.

"This is all I have left of him." I say quietly, studying it as my eyes grow distant and glassy. Shoulders slumping ever so slightly.

"No." Micah states firmly. Coming and placing a hand over mine that was holding the tube. I furrow my brows at him.

"Don't forget. That is not Ardyn. That is Bow Angelov." Micah states calmly.

I look at him with a sad smirk before scoffing.

"Everything he had told me about them I didn't believe half of it, I was skeptical...it was all true." I look down at the tube studying the substance and how it came to be.

"They were lovers."

I state thinking back to the stories he had told me. About Anya and Bow. Ardyn was a Direct Descendant of Bow and my mother's bloodline must inherit Anya's Descendant. They really were destined to be together.

I furrow my brows in confusion as I swallowed, my throat starting to close up as I look to Micah for answers.

"How...How did they..remove this from him? I don't understand I-I thought it was something you got chosen for, the Descendant decides if you are worthy. Does this mean it can be put in somebody?" I ask Micah with alarmed panic, holding the glowing red substance out to him. Feeling as though I was commiting a crime by merely having it in my hands. My suspicions were confirmed when Micah took a step back from it, looking at me with concern.

"I don't know." Micah says. "I know only as much as you."

I held it tightly as I looked down at the Descendant of Bow. My blood boiling at the thoughts of it getting into the King's hands. All I know is that what Ardyn told me about the king was in fact true. It seemed like he was trying to use the Descendants and their power for his own gain, for what? I didn't know.

"I can't let this get into the King's hands. Gods only know what will happen if it does." I state seriously.

"What will you do with it?"

"The training center." My eyes widen in realisation. "There are Descendants already there. There is no safer place for it than there."

"We must hurry then." Micah says getting back up on the horse, being careful not to put strain on his wound. When he is up, he looks down and holds his hand out to me.