VII

I dragged my feet into the cafeteria. Body aching and sore from the intense cardio and weight lifting Micah had me doing for most of the day.

'Get some food and a rest. Come back to me later when you are ready.'

As I brought my head up, I scanned the room. Noticing how quiet it was. That may have contributed to the fact that three certain individuals were missing from the cafeteria.

Dream sat in his usual spot near the corner with a plate of steamed vegetables and fish. He must have sensed my gaze on him as it didn't take him long to look up and meet my eyes.

I take my tray of food after the woman closed up the little window dividing us and slowly make my way over to Dream. My muscles tensing as I carried the tray that wasn't all that heavy. I worried that the pain would be worse tomorrow if I was already feeling the effects now.

"They left ten minutes ago." Dream states as I sit down in front of him. I can't help but freeze at that and Dream looks up with an assuring smile.

"You're safe for now." He teases and I let out a sigh as I bring my hand up to massage my shoulder.

"Thanks." I give him a small smile as I slowly poke around at my food with my fork.

"So why weren't you with them for dinner? Was it something they did?"

I stopped poking around with my food and looked over at Dream, taking notice of the plain curiosity on his features. He really didn't know what had happened today. I sigh and tell him from the beginning.

"About that...Micah is going to be privately training me for the next two weeks." I say before eating some fish.

"You can do that?" Dream's eyes widen at this.

"I guess so." I shrug my shoulders at him and something dawns on him with realisation.

"Thats why they were so quiet earlier..."

I don't respond at that and begin to eat my food in silence. Feeling completely drained to the point my social battery needed charging. A good night's sleep would do the trick. However, there was a question that has been playing on my mind recently that I wanted to ask Dream.

"Hey...where do you sleep at night?" I question furrowing my brows in thought as he looks up at me with a wide smile.

"I just noticed, you eat with us but don't sleep in the living quarters with us. Do you have your own floor or something?"

"Something like that." He chuckles smirking down at his food before looking back up at me.

"Since I'm not a Descendant but I'm not not a Descendant, I help the science guys on floor 1. Sleep there too."

"Not not a Descendant?" I question in confusion and he smiles at that.

"I uh...guess I have a pretty powerful mom." There's a mischievous glint in his eye before a smirk falls on his pale blue eyes, he clears his throat.

"She brought me here when I was a kid. Just visits at first, she knew people here. I guess when things started to get a bit heated with the council...this was the safest place she could think of for me..." Dream picks at his food with his fork.

"Don't worry though." He perks up and turns to me offering a smile. "She is yet to visit the Descendants. You'll meet her someday."

I nod slowly at that, taking it in as I try to rack my brain on who his mother could possibly be...

"Are you finished for the day?" Dream asks, taking me out of my mind.

"Not quite. Once I'm done here I have got to go back to see Micah. I think he might be showing me something new." I state before the reminder kicks in how I have less than 2 weeks to learn how to fight and hopefully beat Tatiyana in a bare knuckle fight...no pressure.