XIII

Micah and I haven't talked since that day in the training room.

I thought about him, no matter how hard I tried pushing him to the back of my mind but the scar on my hand never failed to remind me of him. I was hurt by his little faith in me to protect the operants. To face the council. He thought I wasn't ready but when will I be? After a year of training? Two years? I can't afford to wait that long. Gonora can't. I've had tons of experiencing with combat, that's as far as training will get me. The rest is out there in the real world.

It was the day we were meeting Alexei's team that he has assembled in order to rescue the operants.

They all came into the gym one random Friday afternoon as Tatiyana and I were stretching. The minute Tatiyana laid eyes on the tall men in uniform she immediately fell from her favourite crab position onto her back, flustered as she pushed a hair behind her ear sitting cross legged on the matt. I couldn't help but chuckle when I noticed, dropping down to follow her position as I rolled up my sleeves and place my elbows on my knees. My hands fiddling with the hem of my joggers.

"Meet the team." Alexei states coolly.

Peter folds his arms as he eyes up the team of rescuers that Aexei had picked. Raya scrutinises them from beside me.

"Noah and Glen Mceavor." Alexei nods to his side at the twin brothers with red hair and freckles. Black dragon tattoos trailing up both of their necks and down underneath their shirts, coming out and curving down along their left and right arm. Whichever one had the right tattoo from the left tattoo I didn't know.

"Both trained assassins in the Sky Lanes from the age of eighteen. Joined the training center regimend at twenty and are now apart of the special ops team." Alexei states before catching the two mischievously shoving each other by their folded arms.

"Hey." Alexei hisses looking darkly at them and they stop. Alexei turns back to us.

"They're wild, quick and Firey."

They nod at us and we nod back at them slowly in greeting.

"This is Dean Lasso." Alexei turns to the tall Dry Lander unit standing silently behind him who looked twice as big as Peter. No wonder Peter looked ready to fight for his pride when they came in.

"Dean is quiet. Both in the field and verbally. He has the muscle. He can rip doors right off its hinges. Dean is my favourite." Alexei says seriously making the others turn to him and I hide my smile at that as he moves onto the next teammate.

"Last is Timotei Sloan."

I turn my gaze to the smaller but still strong and healthy frame of the auburn haired boy that looked not much older than me. Definitely the youngest of Alexei's team. He looked up at his name and I noticed his pointed ears indicating he was elven. His right ear twitched slightly as he looked at Alexei before looking out at us. He holds his hands up in greeting, giving us a lopsided smile.

"He may not look like much but he is one of if not, our most important member." Alexei says seriously. "He is our ears of this whole operation. He can pick up movement and conversations through concrete walls and is a great lock and safe picker. He's also extremely smart."

I look at him amazed as he seems to look down with embarrassment hiding his face from us.

"Now that introductions are out of the way-"

"We didn't get to introduce ourselves." I cut him off raising my hand in confusion as Alexei turns to me.

"Thats because they already know who we are." Tatiyana whispers to me with a smirk and I blink turning to them. The red haired twins snicker at me while Timotei smiles sheepishly. Dean has no reaction whatsoever.