V

8 Weeks Later

Rian's PoV

The time spent here has been long but the recovery time needed for my shoulder wound - or more precisely collarbone wound - was necessary in order to get me back to full mobility.

Beatrice, the woman I met when I first woke up had told me if the arrow had punctured any form of artey I would have been dead in minutes. Luckily, in my case, an arrow to the collarbone was not as severe or fatal. My recovery time was mostly amplified from doing stretches and light physiotherapy almost every day. I had began to build up a routine in my now day to day life.

When I first came here, I was severely under nourished and possessed little to no muscle mass. Now that I am having regular nourishing and healthy meals, I am slowly gaining weight.

No more jelly unfortunately, that was only a requirement for the first two weeks in order to help me gain weight. I miss the jelly.

I saw Micah everyday. After two weeks of recovering, it was then that I decided to ask Beatrice and James,  the man I had also met on my first day here, if Micah could help me with my recovery. Maybe exercise with me or help me grow muscle. They both agreed it would be a good idea.

I was hesitant at first about showing them the tube containing the memories of my great grandfather Bow Angelov. I had previously thought they would have taken it, riffling through my belongings when I first arrived here but to my surprise they didn't. I wasn't sure on whether or not I could really trust these people with something so important...then again, maybe I was just being too cautious and not wanting to loose the one thing that seemed to connect me with my father, my real father.

Not a day goes by where I don't miss him. I miss the future we could have had. There was so much I needed to know, wanted to know...it hurts. It hurts like hell. But I was doing this for him, I know that's what he would have wanted from me as a last wish. For me to be safe.

When I was in the middle of sparing with Micah one afternoon however, both James and Beatrice came in with their clipboards in hand and what I assumed was for an evaluation, turned out to be something more.

"Congratulations Rian on making a full recovery. We are very happy with how you have progressed and we are more than happy to let you out of the medical ward. Today is the day." Beatrice smiles at me and Micah and I look at one another in confusion before turning back to them.

"Today is the day..." James continues with a cheeky smile. "You can meet with the other Descendants."

I was shocked to say the least. The day had finally come. The day that I had waited months for...it was here.

Micah came with me as the two doctors made their way down a hallway which was foreign to me, then again this was practically my first time seeing this building and not just the inside of a medical ward.

The walls were white with bright LED lights shining down from the ceiling. It resembled a hospital, I thought to myself.

At the end of the hallway was an elevator. We all packed into it and I watched as James pressed 'L0' on the button panel. Not long after, the elevator began to move in a downwards motion.

"Level 0 leads to the gym." James looks over his shoulder at both Micah and I. "G is the ground floor for the soldiers, Level 1 is the infirmary, where you were and Level 2 is the sleeping quarters for the Descendants." James states the last part with a smile.

"Where do you sleep?" Micah asks curiously and James chuckles glancing back at him.

"Some of us have our own homes that we go back to. There are a few beds in the infirmary that we sleep in if we need to work overtime."