XII

We stood outside one of the wards where Tatiyana was currently in. Raya, Peter, Dream and I watched from behind the glass wall that portrayed the room - with Taiyana hooked up to wires laying in a hospital bed. Peter never took his worried eyes off of his sister. It was only when Beatrice came out that he turned to her worriedly.

"She's going to be fine Peter." Beatrice smiles in sympathy and Peter exhales tiredly before running a hand over his face. He brings it away and looks at Beatrice. Raya, Dream and I listen in.

"What the hell happened?" He questions before looking in at her with concern. "Nothing like that has ever happened before."

"It seems as though she became overwhelemed from Tara's memories." Beatrice explains gently before glancing in at her with sympathy. "She is resting for the day but she will be back to normal tomorrow."

Beatrice leaves with her clipboard and I wait until she is out of earshot before turning to Peter.

"Do the memories make you weak like that?" I ask him gently and Peter turns his head to me from where he was looking in at his sister with a frown shaking his head.

"They are never that intense." He says gravely. "Sometimes it's more of a small burst of pain, like a headache...but never something like that." Peter says worried.

I turn to glance at Raya and she sends me a concerned look but before I can say anything else, Peter is moving back from the glass wall and turning to the both of us with a clenched jaw.

"I think you both should stop whatever this is you are doing." He says seriously as he looks at the both of us pointedly.

"Everything was fine before...leave it alone before something worse happens."

He leaves us and walks down the hall. I move to go after him but Raya stops me by placing a hand on my arm.

"Let him go." She says gently. She sighs and turns to look at him before folding her arms over her chest.

"He needs some time to think."

I nod in understanding but can't help but wonder how much time we even had left. What if they didn't want to come with us in the end? What if its already too late...

--

The days after that were uneventful. We took what Peter said and did what he asked of us. We left it alone for now. We didn't go back to the secret floor where the tiger was nor did we attempt to go inside the vents again. We knew the danger of probing around if we were caught but for Tatiyana's sake...maybe it was best to forget about the tiger for now as much as I didn't want to.

Tatiyana was better now. It was pretty terrifying to see her so unresponsive before when we were talking about the tiger but I couldn't help but let the memory of our conversation play in my mind. It was when I mentioned the snake blood altered with the tiger's that memories of Tara's past flooded to her. It looked dangerous but also serious. I didn't know whether the memories were of good or bad but whatever the case...I didn't want to know. If it affected Tatiyana this badly...I can't imagine what way she would react if she even saw the tiger.

All we could do however...was plan our escape in the dark. Micah was still planning to leave and was 'taking care of it' for me. Whatever the was supposed to mean. All I know is that he was getting an understanding of the building and watching the soldiers closely, studying their patrol times and such. I didn't see him as often as I would have liked. Some days I barely see him at all. It was starting to feel like I was the one being kept in the dark and as the days went by...I was becoming more anxious.

It was when I was in the gym practicing my sword movements that the double doors opened and in walked James and a few other doctors. I stiffened at the sight and held the sword at my side as I turned to them coming closer to me but keeping a distance. I frowned in confusion.