IX

I awoke to noise and what sounded like whispering from around me.

I immediately bolted upright, blinking the sleep from my eyes as I adjusted my vision to the bright lights of the canteen. Completely unaware of the sleeping girl sprawled over my chest causing her too - in turn to bolt awake in confusion.

My eyes flew between the canteen staff and Raya- who was tugging the sleeves of her grey hoodie anxiously as she glared at the staff whispering between one another.

"We should...go." I say hoarsely before clearing my throat and getting off of the counter top where Raya and I had fallen asleep. Ice cream long melted.

Raya hopped off of the counter top and ran a hand through her hair, I didn't waste any more time being scrutinised by the staff and made a leave from the canteen, Raya following closely behind having the same idea. I turn to Raya as I open the doors of the canteen with a knowing smile as she giggles at the stupidity and lack of carelessness on our depart. Running an embarrassed hand over her face.

Just as I'm about to enter the hallway however, I look out and lock eyes with Micah.

I stop in my tracks, frozen until Raya bumps into my back. She goes to protest when she too notices Micah standing in the hallway with his eyes on the both of us.

"Fuck." She mutters and Micah hears her.

I watch as his eyes seem to harden and he suddenly shakes himself out of his shock before heading into an individual training room. I still can't seem to move from my position by the door...

"Let's go before someone else sees." Raya whispers as she heads to the gym, taking a hair tie from around her wrist and using it to bring her hair up into a ponytail. I was still trying to make sense of it all.

....what just happened?

Why did I feel weird when Micah saw me? I felt like...I offended him in some way. Like seeing Raya and I together was breaking some sort of pact between us...Why did I feel guilty all of a sudden?

I was brought out of my thoughts by Raya screaming at me from the gym doors to hurry up.

I snapped out of my daze and immediately run up to where she was holding the gym door for me and we head inside.

It was another thirty or so minutes before the others began to make their way inside the gym. I wasn't surprised when Peter and Tatiyana threw us, especially me an odd glance.

"Where did you too venture off to last night?" Tatiyana questions with a knowing smirk and I throw her a confused look.

"What?" I ask in confusion, playing dumb. In return I earn a shoulder punch from Peter before he slings an arm around my shoulder.

"The kitchen staff were gossiping like school kids at breakfast this morning and you too weren't in bed when we woke up. What's the deal? Did they catch you too in the act or something?" Peter asks all too loudly making me squirm out of his grip. Well aware that Micah was setting up combat matts not too far away.

"Drop it Peter." Raya hisses as she grabs a weapon from the weaponry stand. "Nothing happened."

She picks a sword and throws Peter the evil eyes before storming away.

"Oh they definitely bumped uglies." Tatiyana teases and I can't help but laugh at her assumption before shaking my head, about to explain how we were distant COUSINS and most likely shared the same FAMILY name but I didn't get the chance to.

"Rian!" Micah yells making me jump slightly as I turn to him, Tatiyana and Peter suddenly startled too and turn to him with blinking confusion.

"Come on and train." He says with a hint of frustration and I wondered why he was in such a sour mood. Hoping it had nothing to do with this morning's interaction but I wasn't stupid. Either way, I didn't dally and said goodbye to the others before jogging over to Micah, noticing that he was carrying two swords over to the training matt he had placed down previously. As we grow closer to one another, I turn to him confused.