CHAPTER 21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSS_tDfeLOk

I’d recommend listening to this music as you read. Although it isn’t really necessary and it’ll only be used for a short time, it still give this part a different feel.

~Jon’s POV~

“Now go! We don’t have much time before the police make it up to this floor!”

(Y/N)’s voice echoed in my head like…. uh… a voice echoing in my head. I don’t know how to describe it, exactly.

Without thinking, I started dashing towards Metza and Armin’s forms that lay motionlessly at the end of the hall. Nostalgia bubbled up in my stomach and I felt like I was going to puke.

“C’mon, Mikasa!” I turned my head to peek at the oriental girl over my shoulder. Her eyes were wide with fear and she didn’t move. “We have to listen to (Y/N)’s instructions!”

“But Eren-” She started.

“There’s no time for that!” I yelled back, leaning over Metza’s form. Although she looked to be lifeless, her chest still rose and fell like normal. I felt a little bit better at the sight of that. “(Y/N) knows what she’s doing. She isn’t a Squad Leader for no reason. Right now we need to get Metza and Armin outta her ASAP. Got it, cadet?”

Mikasa’s eyes drifted back to Eren’s form for a moment before nodding, although her actions seemed hesitant.

“Yes, sir.” She finally murmured, quickly jogging over to join me.

“It’s fine.” (Y/N) said, shaking off the pain.

That’s what (Y/N) said when she was talking about her neck. It wasn’t fine at all. It was far from fine. The complete opposite of fine, if anything. Yet (Y/N) chose to go on anyway.

I can respect her for that. All of us can. She may just be the strongest out of all of us Squad Leaders. Maybe not physically, but mentally. She reminds me of Eren in many ways.

Nimbly picking up Metza’s still form, I brushed a lock of her brown hair out of her face. It was hiding a large bruise, one of which that was swelling. It looked quite painful, to be honest.

Was it Astia who did this to her? I glanced at the red-haired female as she threw a punch at (Y/N). Cringing, I was relieved when (Y/N) was able to dodge the blow.

Glancing up and seeing that Armin was also safely in Mikasa’s arms, I stood up, motioning for her to copy my action. And togther, Mikasa and I fled the apartment on Vixen Avene, leaving (Y/N) (L/N) and Eren Jaeger behind to fight our greatest enemy.

Actually, when you put it like that, it just sounds like Mikasa and I are shitty people. But believe it or not, it was necessary.