CHAPTER 28

Wow, my second update of the day! Are you guys proud of me yet?

Jk I'm a little shit for not updating in forever but I mean 2 updates in 1 day ay ay ay ay ay I might even update for a third time today later ay ay ay ay

________________________________________________________

'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play

Jon growled, slamming his hand down onto his leg in frustration.

And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate

You groaned, covering your ears.

Baby I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake

And Levi stood up, stomping over to Hanji and Robin, who were both dancing beside their boom box.

Shake it off, Shake it off

"Will you please turn the damn music off?!" Levi snarled through his teeth.

"No way, man!" Robin grinned, smile meeting her ears. "It's tradition to play this song during the cadet's graduation!"

"But this song only came out September of last year!" You whined, eyes shut in attempt to block out the overplayed music.

"It's called creating tradition!" Hanji spoke as if it were obvious. Levi rolled his eyes before snatching up the boom box and throwing it against the wall. The music stopped immediately, causing the room to fall silent.

"God damnit!" Robin stomped her foot on the ground. "Why do you always have to ruin everything, Levi?!"

"It's a pink Barbie boom box that you got in 2nd grade, Metza! Plus, you're scaring our audience!" You fumed, gesturing to the crowd of cadets standing in front of the 5 'role models.'

You turned towards the crowd of teens, eyes picking through them, before finally seeing a green eyed brunette.

"Right, Eren?!"

"Uh, yeah!" Eren yelled, a hint of wobbliness in his voice.

"See, Levi?!" You turned back to the man with the raven locks. He glared at Eren before turning away.

"Are you guys done yet?" Erwin spoke from behind the crowd of cadets, a tad of humor in his tone. The group jumped at his voice, immediately jumping out of the way to let the commander pass through.

"Just finished." Hanji saluted, her smile bright.

"Wonderful." Erwin said, his tone with little enthusiasm. He turned to face the cadets. "As all of you know, today is the way you will have shed your rank as cadets and will become true soldiers. You will each be assigned a Squad that you will spend the majority of your time with."

"So if you don't like your Squad, it sucks to be you!" Jon cut in. Erwin stared at the blonde out of the corner of his eye.

"Thank you for that intriguing dialog, Mr. Tamayaki." Erwin muttered flatly before turning his attention back to the cadets. "The Squad you have been assigned to is based on your work in training, your skills, the people you work well with, etc. You will not be able to change Squads after you have been assigned to one. Squads will be assigned after I finish talking. After Squads are assigned, you and your Squad will go through a series of tests-"

"You mean the games you got off of that 'Helping Your Children Build Friendships and Relationships' website?" Levi snorted, arms crossed.

"The ones about 'Helping Your Children Gain Trust By Easy Bonding Games?'" You added, eyebrow raised.

"Squad Leaders, you all know that we have a perfectly good reason for executing the trust exercises." Erwin put emphasis on the 'trust exercises' part. "Needn't I remind you of July 23rd?"

All the Squad Leader's eyes averted to the ground.

"That's what I thought." satisfaction was noticeable in Erwin's voice. "And on that note, I'm now going to turn this over to the Squad Leaders with the lists of your Squads."

Nobody spoke a word.

Eren shouldn't have been nervous. He already knew he was going to be in your Squad, which he didn't mind at all. But the aura coming off of the other cadets was frighteningly sickening, causing his stomach to churn in the same way.

The next five minutes were going to impact his whole future in the Survey Corps. Not because of you in particular, but his Squad mates. They would change the way his fate will be decided, the way future missions will turn out. Eren suddenly grew an appreciation for Erwin and his decision making skills.

"Alrighty, guys." You smiled as you spoke up, taking Erwin's place in front of the cadets. "On my Squad is Eren Jaeger, Reiner Braun, Ymir, and Krista Lenz."

Ymir pulled Krista close to her side, and Eren and Reiner make MLG faces from across the room.

"Yo." Robin saluted half heartedly. "On my Squad is Armin Arlert, Bertholdt Hoover, Marco Bodt, and Sasha Braus."

After Sasha shot a disappointed glance back at Connie, the four of them smiled at each other, mostly happy with the outcome with their team.

"Sup ya'll." Jon said in a shitty southern accent. "My Squad consists of Mikasa Ackerman, Anne Leonhardt, Jean Kirstein, and Connie Springer."

Jean and Connie fist-bumped. Sure, they weren't completely best friends, but bros before hoes. Mikasa and Annie tried their best to not acknowledge each other.

"And with that, we'll start our 'trust exercises,'" you smiled once again. "Stay with your Squad Leaders."

~*~

~??? POV~

Of all people, I am one to despise the day of July 23rd.

Me, the coldhearted emotionless murderer.

It's not that I completely regret what happened, although there is a twinge of guilt stirred into my dreams when my eyes shut after a long day. Maybe not that much, but just enough to make me wake up in a cold sweat.

I'm not sure what came over me that day.

The heat of the moment? Probably not. Temptation to end other's lives? Well, maybe, but that's not it.

Revenge?

Quite possibly.

But why did they lie to me and Natasha in the first place?

Maybe I was a burden.

Maybe I still am.

Maybe I always have been.

I guess it doesn't really matter, does it?

No matter what, I will always be me. Not that I like myself, of course. If anything, I hate myself more than anyone else in the world.

I'm nothing more than a broken, lost soul.

My blade is broken. My cloak is torn. My heart is split.

Yet what motivates me to keep on moving forward?

Maybe I'll never know.

Whatever the twisted reason may be, only one thing's for sure.

The Survey Corps will be in a lot of trouble when I'm back on my feet with my hidden blade at my wrist.

________________________________________________________

Hey ya'll!

Just here to thank you all for all of the support, even if I have neglected my Wattpad updates quite a bit ^^"

Sorry for any grammar and/or spelling mistakes!

And as always,

Stay Fabulous~