CHAPTER 25

Eren's stomach twisted into knots as he slowly picked up the photos, turning them over to see the images.

On the first photo was a girl with crimson-red hair, her smile brighter than a gemstone. Her eyes were as nearly as dark as Mikasa's, but unlike Mikasa's, they were lively and seemed to be smiling too.

The next photo was a picture of Astia and Robin wearing heavy make up, both crosseyed and making peace signs. Astia's lips along with her eyelids were a dark purple shade, nearly black. Robin's lips were bright green while her eyelids were neon pink. Both of them had a significant amount of blush on. Eren caught himself slightly smiling as he moved onto the next photo.

It was Astia, Jon, and Robin sharing a three way high-five. All of their faces gleamed as if they had just accomplished the impossible. However, it was when Eren saw the next few photos things started to get interesting.

There seemed to be a picture for each holiday, but in all of the pictures, there was a new person joining the band of three. He had onyx locks fashioned in an undercut and steel-blue eyes that were always trained on the crimson-haired girl. They wore Christmas hats in the winter picture, bunny ears to celebrate Easter in the spring. For Halloween, they each had a different costume on. Eren's eyes widened significantly as he flipped to the next photo.

Astia and Levi were holding hands, both of their faces red. There was another photo of them hugging, and even one of them kissing. But what really mad Eren do a double take was the fact that Levi's lips were curved upwards in a smile. Eren stared at the photos in awe before pocketing the one of them hugging to show to Mikasa and Armin later.

To his dismay, there were no more photos in the folder. Spreading the photos out in front of him, he pulled out an important looking document that caught his eye.

Name: Astia Zephyrine

Rank: Squad Leader

Gender: Female

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 124 lbs

Age: 21

DOB: May 19th

Strengths: Hand to hand combat

Weaknesses: Unplanned/surprise attacks

Notes: Left the Survey Corps after committing mass murder and is now an enemy (see report of July 23rd).

"Report of July 23rd..." Eren mumbled to himself as he flipped through the reports. "Here it is."

~*~

"This may be difficult, and I know you're all very nervous for your lives." a clear voice rang through the silence. "I don't blame you. This could quite possibly be the most dangerous mission we've ever been on. We're fighting a group of titans five times the size of the group we've got here, but I know we can do it."

"We believe in you, Squad Leader Astia!" an enthusiastic voice yelled out in reply. Confidence seemed to radiate throughout the room. Astia smiled kindly.

"Great. As you know, our goal is to get to the next floor where we can save the people the Titans are holding hostages. The Titans are waiting for us right behind this door. Don't use a gun unless you have to, as there is too great of a chance of someone accidentally shooting their comrade. I know we can do it." she raised a fist in the air. "We are the Survey Corps!"

The door burst open and Astia dashed into the room, her crimson hair flowing like a ribbon behind her. She immediately became locked in combat with a male Titan, escaping the situation by punching her opponent's nose. There was a sickening crack at the contact of her fist and his face. He fell to the ground, nose dripping a dangerous amount of blood.