CHAPTER 16

“Hiyah!” Robin whisper-screamed, flying onto the balcony in a kicking position. Landing on both feet, she threw her hands up into the air. “I’m awesome.”

Jon fumbled onto the platform beside her, sitting up and rubbing his aching head. “Yes, you’re very ‘awesome.’ Ya know what? You also get points for being modest.”

“Shut up, you guys.” (Y/N) mumbled, landing on the balcony on one knee. Jon crinkled his nose.

“How the heck did you do that? Why can everyone do that except for me?!”

“She said to shut the hell up, blondie.” Robin growled.

“Guys, this is a serious situation!” (Y/N) stood up from her position on the ground. “We’re on the balcony of a criminal infested apartment building, and you choose now to argue?”

“Sorry.” Jon’s eyes averted to the ground.

“Yeah, we’re fuck-ups.” Robin admitted, rubbing the back of her neck in embarrassment. “Anyway, do we have a plan?”

“Well, we know for a fact that the Titans are here.” (Y/N) started.

“No shit, sherlock.”

“I’m not done yet.” (Y/N) snarled.

“Well hurry up!” Robin narrowed her eyes. “People could be dying right at this moment!”

“One, I don’t hear gunshots, so people ARE NOT dying.” Jon cut in. “And two, the Titans don’t just kill without mooching off of their victims first. The only people they would kill on sight are police officers and us Scouts.” Robin crossed her arms.

“Anyway.” (Y/N) continued. “We don’t know the identities of the Titans that are hear or what they’re equipped with. So in all reality, Astia could be in the building with her hidden blade.” Robin flinched at the crimson-haired girl’s name. “Also, because the police are here, we shouldn’t need to investigate the first 2 floors. The police should take care of that.” Jon nodded.

“Alright. And we’re currently on the third floor, correct?” Jon asked. (Y/N) nodded.

“Correct.” The trio turned to the glass sliding door that connected the balcony to the building itself. The blinds were closed, an unsettling feeling boiling in (Y/N) stomach because of it. “We’ll have to be quiet. We don’t want the Titans or the police knowing that we’re here.” Robin glanced towards the door.

“I don’t know how quiet it can be.” She took a couple steps back on the platform before running full speed at the glass. It was her elbows that made contact with the surface first, cracking the material as easy as if it were paper against scissors.