CHAPTER 3

The building was tall and glossy, the steel shining. The windows were abnormally clean and had no imperfections, not even the tiniest bit of dust was visible on the surface. And that was where the group stood, outside the enormous building that somehow kept clean.

The brunette known as Robin peered in through the glass door and eyed the secretary who was typing away at the front desk. She rapped lightly at the door, and the secretary looked up. Seeing the group, she immediately buzzed them in.

“Hello Miss Metza, Miss (Y/N).” She beamed as you stepped through the door. She glanced around at the new recruits. “Are you coming back from scouting?” Robin only smiled.

“You bet we did! And you can drop the whole ‘miss’ thing, just call me Metza.” The secretary gave a warm smile.

“Alright, if you say so. The elevator is down the hall as always! Have a nice day!”

And that was how they all got crammed into one small elevator.

“Uhhh…. Robin? I don’t think we all fit.” Krista squeaked. Robin rubbed her temple and gave an apologetic smile.

“Eheheh, I guess you’re right. (Y/N), you take half I take half?” You nodded.

“Sure. Boys, come with me.” A sigh of relief washed over everyone as the boys exited the small elevator and entered a different one with (YN). Soon, both the elevator doors closed. Jean examined the buttons.

“What floor?”

“I’ll do it.” You stated, pushing him out of the way. He staggered backwards, his face turning into a expression of distasteful anger as he regained his balance.

“H-Hey!” He spat out. You kneeled down to face the layout of keys and turned to face him with an amused smirk on your face, tucking a lock of loose (H/C) hair behind your ear in the process.

“You can’t possible expect us to be on a floor that anyone could access! No, we live in secret.” She pulled a red screwdriver out of her pocket and got to work in trying to remove the basement button.

Eren couldn’t help but notice how beautiful you looked in the process. The lock of hair fell out from its place, but you ignored it, a look of pure concentration and determination shining in your (E/C) orbs. It was true that he thought nothing of you but a mere 5 hours before. Back then, he only saw a person that was pretty much invisible. But now, he saw a person who was completely capable of being the opposite of what she was. Friendly, kind, joking. Even quite dangerous, in a sense.

He was snapped back into reality when the basement button came out with a small pop. Where the basement button used to be was now a red button, the letters ‘SC’ engraved onto the surface in black.

“Ah, there it is.” You pressed the button, and the whole elevator was jerked downwards as it started to descend. After what seemed like forever, the door finally opened to reveal a hallway.