Chapter Twenty-Nine: Shut up and kiss me

*Macy's POV*

I keep my back pressed against the wall, slowly scooting down the hall. I don't want to alert Warren that I'm following him, although he's obviously going to figure it out once I reveal myself. I will have the element of surprise on my side, at least. Unless he can hear, and/or catch my scent before I get to pop out. Oh well.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to say, but I figure the words will come when needed. So skirting against the wall, I stop right at the corner where I know Warren is at on the other side.

"I can't at the moment, I'm at my son's," he says, and his words have me frozen mid-step for a second. "I can after. Where do you want to meet? Somewhere in the neutral territory; I don't want to risk being caught."

Caught? Doing what?

What he says next is too low for me to catch, and I find myself getting closer to try and hear. Of course, that means with my grace, I ended up falling on my face as I try leaning around the corner.

All talking ceases, and I look up to see a very unhappy Warren glaring down at me, the phone still pressed against his ear.

"I'll call you back," he mutters into the phone, before ending the call and shoving it in his pocket.

Great, this is where I die.

"Sup?" I ask, smiling a bit sheepishly from the ground. He remains quiet, his glare still fixated on my face. I sit up and scratch the back of my head when whatever I was going to say decides to stay cooped up for now. Instead, it's replaced with a burning curiosity.

"What did you hear?" he finally asks, his tone cold and demanding.

"Nothing..." I sit cross legged with my hands folded in my lap, looking up at Warren innocently. It doesn't work on him like it does his son.

"What did you hear?" he repeats fiercely, and I flinch a bit at his tone.

"Something about you meeting someone somewhere later, but that's it," I say. Before I can stop myself, or think my words through, more come tumbling out. "Who you meeting later Warren, hmm? Do you have some sort of an affair going on? Are you trying to destroy your relationship like you're trying to destroy mine?"

My eyes widen a bit at what just came out of my mouth. In all fairness, that phone call was a little shady, sneaking around in places where no one is around to catch him, more than likely behind Lisa's back. But never, would I have thought, that I would actually say that. I'm not a brave person people, I just happen to have a dysfunctional brain-to-mouth filter.

His expression is absolutely livid. I wonder if I struck a nerve, which would mean that he is, in fact, having an affair. I feel a bit of my own rage bubbling up. How could he do something like that, to Lisa of all people? His mate. And he has the audacity to say I'm not good enough for his son, when he isn't even close to good enough for Lisa?

At this point it isn't about him wanting to get rid of me or change me; it's about how hypocritical he is. I mean, I could have told you he was a cold-hearted man, but I didn't think that even he would do something like that.

"You have no idea what you're talking about," he sneers.

"Oh I think I do. You know, as much as I would love to tell Lisa about this shady phone call-" I'm cut off by my gasp when he's suddenly kneeling in front of me, gripping my arms tightly. Not tight enough to cause pain, but tight enough to get his point across. His face is mere inches away from mine, and I can see the blue of his eyes slowly turning black in anger.

"If you so much as utter a word around her-"

I stop him from going any further. "Don't you dare threaten me. I'm not going to tell her, because I'm going to let karma take care of this herself. But if you don't get your hands off of me, I can have Cayton in here to do it for you," I threaten.