Bonus Chapter 2

*Macy's POV*

"Mama, come on! We're gonna be late for school!" I hear Lyla yell from the bottom floor, trying to wake up everyone in the next three towns over.

"I'm coming boss!" I yell back, looking in the mirror and putting the last bobbypin in place to hold back my frizzy locks.

I try and psyche myself up for what's about to come. My expression says I'm determined, but my eyes tell a different story.

My plans had been simple--I would finish school, take my degree and begin teaching at an elementary school that caters to the pack's children. But as you may know, Marshall was born not too long after graduation, putting those plans on hold. And by the time he was old enough, and I felt okay leaving him with a sitter, along comes the twins.

Now, after eight years, I'm finally beginning my career. Today will not only be my first day of school, but Lyla and Lawrence's as well. No longer am I Macy Setters, Luna of the Dusk Valley pack, mother of three and mate to Alpha Cayton Setters. Now, I'm Mrs. Setters, kindergarten teacher at Valley View Elementary. Plus all of the above.

Satisfied with my appearance, I flip the light off in the bathroom and rush out the door. Taking the stairs two at a time, I hit the landing and see my children waiting patiently. Well, mostly.

Lyla, wearing a yellow sun dress and a white bow in her dark brown hair, is standing with her hands on her hips as she looks at me scoldingly. Her eyes match her father's to a T, accentuated by the fact that she looks exactly like he does when he's disapproving of my actions.

Beside her, Lawrence. He's in a red and white striped shirt, jean shorts and a black baseball cap he stole from my father. It's much too big for his head, but he insists on wearing it to his first day of school to hide his new haircut. He says it looks too much like Marshall's hair, and it doesn't help that they have the same light brown locks of their dad's. Nevertheless, he smiles brightly and I'm thankful that not all of my children are judging me.

And finally, Mr. Sleepy Pants himself stands next to the both of them, yawning as he pulls his backpack on his shoulders. I've never met a child who grew into the role of old man so quickly, but Marshall slipped into the role before I knew it. 7 going on 70.

"How do I look?" I ask the three of them.

"You're the prettiest mom ever!" Lawrence beams. I smile fondly at my sweet boy. He's always been the most attached to me. Lyla and Marshall both tend to live in their own, independent worlds, but Lawrence is a complete Mama's boy--and I certainly won't complain.

"Mama, you look fine. I don't want to miss school!" Lyla adds.

"I don't like your shoes, but you look ok," Marshall finishes.

I look down at my shoes quickly and frown. What's wrong with them?

"PAPA!" Lyla yells suddenly, causing both her brothers to flinch.

Cayton comes from the kitchen then, all dressed and ready for the day. He's looking exceptionally delectable, and although I can't say it out loud, my eyes hold a promise for him for later. He grins as he comes to wrap an arm around my waist.

"I hope everyone's excited for their first day!" Cayton says, giving me a squeeze as he looks at our children. They all nod, and Lyla pulls her backpack up from the ground and opens it, digging through until she finds a tiny pink camera.

"Take our picture Papa," she orders, putting the camera in his hands. Lyla has always leaned towards the arts, and keeps three things with her at all times--her camera, her coloring pencils, and her sketchbook. Even at the age of five, her skills are already clear.

She stands between her two brothers, smiling as bright as the sun. When neither boy cooperates, or does what she wants them to do, she huffs and grabs both of them by their sleeves, pulling them towards her and forcing their arms around her shoulders. "Now say cheese!" she says.

I shake my head at her. I know she gets her bossiness from Cayton, but she could give him a run for his money.

All three of them smile in varying degrees. I stand behind Cayton and watch as he snaps a few shots. "There you go!" he exclaims, holding the camera back out to our daughter. She takes it from his hands and looks at the photos.

"Not bad," she says. "Next time try a lower angle though. We're short, papa."

With that said, she puts the camera back into her bag and zips it up, pulling the straps on her shoulders. Cayton and I share a look, snickering to ourselves.

I take a step back from him and hold my arms out to my sides. "So, how do I look?" I ask.

He appraises me slowly, eyes trailing up my body in such a way that I'm not sure he's actually looking at the clothes, but what's underneath. When he finally reaches my eyes, he smiles. "Beautiful."

I roll my eyes, but I can't stop the smile on my face. "What about my shoes, do they look weird?"

He looks at my feet, quirking an eyebrow. "I don't think those are matching shoes?"

I reexamine my feet, only to find that he is right. They're both a pair of black flats, but one is smooth with a bow on the toe while the other has a small silver buckle on it.

I put my hands on my hips and turn to the kids. "You were just going to let me walk out of the house like this?"

Marshall shrugs. "I told you I didn't like your shoes."

I give him a flat look as he fights to stop the corners of his mouth from rising. Rascals.

"Alright, let me go change my shoes and then we can go."

"Finally!" Lyla sighs out dramatically, throwing her hands up.

"You're being awfully mean to mama," Lawrence says disapprovingly.

As I rush up the stairs to change my shoes, I hear Lyla and Lawrence start to bicker. Shaking my head, I toss one shoe into the closet floor and quickly grab its correct partner, before heading back down the stairs. By now, my nerves are kicking in.

Taking a calming breath, I grab my purse off the side table and hitch it on my shoulder. "Ok, let's head out."

Lyla throws the door open immediately, about to step out when Cayton stops her.

"Oh no, you have to pay the troll toll first," he says, kneeling to their heights.

"Bye papa!" Lyla says, running over and giving him a hug and a kiss. Lawrence does the same, followed by Marshall, and then me.

His kiss is soft and lingering, and much needed. "You're going to do great Princess," he says soothingly, rubbing my arms.

I take another deep breath and nod. "I hope so."

With one final kiss, he stands in the doorway and waves us off as we load into the car and pull away.

And so our day begins.