Chapter Ten: Feeling the love

"Oh hey baby girl," he says casually.

"Uh, hi..." What the hell? Shouldn't he be yelling and demanding I tell him where I am?

"Having fun?" His question catches me completely off guard. I think I did dial the wrong number...

"Fun? What are you smoking?! Do you not realize I was kidnapped?!"

"You weren't kidnapped honey."

Why am I the only one who thinks that I was kidnapped? Last time I checked, this was legally a kidnapping.

"The hell I wasn't! Do you even care? What's going on? Cough if someone is forcing you to say this!" Obviously, he's being held hostage. Now I have to save both of our butts! That is, if I could save my own butt first. He doesn't cough though, he just laughs.

"No one is forcing me to say anything. I know where you are and I understand what's going on. You will eventually."

That phrase was really getting on my nerves. First, everyone telling me this isn't a kidnapping when it indeed was, and then everyone saying 'you'll understand eventually'. What am I supposed to understand?

This is one of those celebrity prank shows isn't it! I knew it.

I bet Trina's behind it.

Little she-devil.

However, I didn't think that my twelve-year-old sister was the mastermind behind this, and I probably wasn't on some prank show, despite my star-quality. I took a deep breath before practically screaming into the phone.

"What the hell is going on?! Do you not care about me?! For all you know, I could be getting beaten and raped! I know I'm not a kid anymore but come on, be a parent! What do you think mom is going to say when I don't call her or come home?"

The only person on this planet I truly feared is my mother when she is angry. And when she is angry, she could do more research than the FBI.

"Look baby girl; don't worry about anything. If I didn't think you were safe, I would be doing everything in my power to get you. I know where you are, and you have nothing to worry about." My mouth was hanging open in shock, and I felt my hands trembling like they do when I get truly angry or upset. Right now, I was both. "Oh, and tell Carter that Trina wants to see him again," he adds with a chuckle.

Glad everyone else is so freaking happy.

I was missing something big obviously. My dad knew I was taken and he knew who took me, and he's ok with it? At least he could have saved me four days of starving myself by calling or something! Something suspicious was going on around me, and that's as far as I knew.

"You better call mom and explain to her whatever the hell is going on," I grumble into the phone.

"I will. I'll keep in touch. Bye baby girl."

"Bye..." The line goes dead and I slam the phone down. Of all the times for my dad to loose his marbles, he chooses now. What the hell man...

"You knew he knew?" I question Cayton who is sitting on the edge of the desk, looking slightly amused by the call.

"Do you honestly think I would have not told him? I don't need the police showing up at my house."

"When did you tell him?"

"The day I picked you up. I dropped you off here then me and Carter went to go tell him." I nod my head, then draw my fist back and send it flying into his arm with all my strength. I would have punched him in his stupid nose had I not been afraid he would murder me if I did.