17- The Hunters

Thalia's POV 

"Why did you have to bring me to your meetings so early?" Luke said, yawning in the passenger seat. "I feel like I'm being dragged into a 'bring your pet to work' day... And I'm the pet." 

I rolled my eyes at his remarks. "Because I wanted an excuse to leave Percy and Annabeth alone. And... I have some things I wanted to tell you." 

Driving around the hustle and bustle of early SF was a struggle. Not as bad as New York, but still pisses me off. A drive that should have taken 20 minutes takes an hour now. 

"I knew they couldn't stay apart from each other," Luke pointed out. I agreed with him. 

Saying I'm nervous for this particular meeting was an understatement. I was terrified. I know that everyone wouldn't believe me if I told them that, given that their perception of me is the complete opposite. However, this is one of those meetings that could change my life. The type of change where it could save me from inheriting Dad's company. 

"You're nervous!" Luke shockingly said, realizing the look on my face. "The Thalia Grace is nervous! What is this meeting about that's got you all pale and sickly?" 

Damn. I really hate that you can see through me, I cursed internally. I glanced at Luke, and he was watching me. The wind combing through his golden blonde hair, and the sun shining through. His drowsiness has worn off, and a look of worry has replaced it. 

"Don't look at me like that."

"Like what? I-I was just looking at... the silver man doing the... mannequin thing?" Luke tried saving himself, but I looked at him dejectedly. He looked as if he started to understand what the meeting was about with the way his face relaxed and his lips tugged on its corners. He started smiling like a maniac. 

"No way!" He shouted. He started hitting me on the arm. "You got in?!"

"I don't fucking know yet dumbass!" I looked at him like he was crazy. "Do you want us to crash in the middle of Downtown SF?! Stop hitting me!"

I'm usually not one to tell people about my future plans until it actually is going to happen, but I was too excited to not tell anyone. I couldn't tell Percy and Annabeth, since their asses were too caught up in their own drama. They are incredibly insufferable with the way they dance around each other, both acting oblivious. I couldn't keep it in that I have a meeting with The Hunters, so I had to tell Luke all about it. 

"I feel sick," I started saying out of nervousness, pushing my hair out of my face, and becoming so frustrated with the wind that I closed the car windows. 

"You need a plastic bag? Water? How about some air, yeah?" Luke hurriedly rummaged through my compartments. 

I gave him the 'you're overreacting' face, and he stopped. "I appreciate that you're here with me, mom, but stop." 

"I didn't really have a choice in coming or not," he muttered. 

_____________

A woman with black hair, silvery gray eyes, and dressed with a white flowy top and jeans had sat in a round table along with two other girls. I knew one of them. Bianca Di Angelo. Nico's older sister. Bianca had been recruited after she graduated from Goode. It was a bit of a big deal when Nico found out she was leaving. He was expecting her to be go with him when he travels around after graduating.