2- Green

Annabeth's POV
_

Green was all I could see. Dresses were in hangers on a rack, waiting for emotional women to put them on. Each one with a different style, depending on the woman's preference. Shoes were laid out underneath. And off to the side, lined up in an arranged manner, were the bouquets. White and pink carnations with baby's breath and a green bow held it together. I was definitely in Juniper and Grover's wedding.

I knew no one there or I simply haven't crossed anyone I knew. There were women and photographers going around savoring the moment. I couldn't find Juniper. I didn't realize that I would feel this out of the loop.

I went to the dress with my name on it. When I took the dress out of its covers, I was met with a floor-length, strapless, green gown. It was simple. It was beautiful.

Of course, I knew that the dress would look like this. After all, I went to the fitting and everything, but they only took my measurements and told me to try on a very simple dress. One that looked like that one, except less detailed.

"Annabeth!" A squeal came and soon, I was jostled around by two girls. Juniper and Aphrodite. After two years away from them, their high-pitched squeals were something I needed to get used to again.

Aphrodite placed a firm grip on my shoulders and looked me straight in the eye. "How dare you not leave me a notice or kept in touch with me when you left!"

I chuckled. "I was very busy, but I'm here now." Juniper gave me a hug. "Oh my gods, Juniper. You look beautiful."

Though all she had on was a green robe, her hair and make-up was done. Her hair was pulled neatly into an intricate bun with braids and stray hairs framing her face. Her make-up was simple: the regular mascara, lipstick, blush. Her eyeshadow had small hints of light green under her eye.

Juniper became teary-eyed, but Aphrodite rushed to get some tissues for her. "I know this is a special day, but you cannot afford to cry and ruin my masterpiece!" She said, and Juniper chuckled.

Juniper held my hands in her own and looked at me with sincerity. "You being able to be here means so much to me. You and... Percy helped form this bond between Grover and I, and we are thankful for both of you." Though her words were carefully spoken, they brought me to tears, knowing I've made a life-changing impact on both of them.

Aphrodite whisked me away. "It's your turn, now." She winked.

___

The mirror used to play tricks on me: showing me what really wasn't there in other people's eyes. A mirror points out every little imperfection. Now I understand why everyone thought Aphrodite could bend one's beauty. The person in front of me was not me. Or maybe it is, but changed into someone who I thought I was not. I know I changed. With my hair out of it's usual tangled ponytail and into flowing golden locks, I felt different.

I'm stalling, I said to myself. Stop stalling. I took a deep breath and made my way out the door. Everyone was taking their seats and waiting for the bride to come. Grover looked at the door anxiously.

"Grover," I confronted. We gave each other a hug. He was a strong hugger, or was that his nerves? "I'm so happy for both of you!"

"Thank you, Annabeth. Uh-um... uh How d-do I look?" He said, frantically brushing off invisible lints off of his suit. I chuckled and told him he's fine. i made my way to my chair. I sat next to a girl named, Genevieve, Juniper's best friend. She told me how she saw how Grover and Juniper loved each other, cared for each other.

Before she could tell me about another story, everyone grew silent as Juniper arrived at the end of the aisle. The wedding took place outdoors. It was a simple arrangement. Nothing too big, but a grand wedding isn't needed to seal the deal.

Juniper walked down the aisle with grace, while she stared at Grover the entire time. As she walked, something caught my eye. Someone not something. He stood across the aisle and a row back from me. His hair was neatly combed back, something I've never seen on him. The grey streak was no longer there, not that I had a problem with it. Mine had faded overtime. His chiseled jaw and suit made him look sophisticated, something he is not. Was not. His sea-green eyes stood out more than anything.

He's right in front of me. I thought. Noticing I've been staring, I cursed at myself. As if he could feel my stare, he looked my way. We made eye contact, but my attention was focused on Juniper and Grover.

"Dear family and friends, we have gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of Grover and Juniper in marriage. Through their time together, they have come to realize that their personal dreams, hopes, and goals are more attainable and more meaningful through the combined effort and mutual support provided in love, commitment, and family; and so they have decided to live together as husband and wife."

Throughout the entire ceremony, I could feel his eyes bore on my back.

___

Oh my gods. I've left this story for too long. Thank you so much for your patience. I know that I've been out for a month now. This sequel has been hard to write, for some reason.

Wow, I didn't even notice that I updated on April Fool's Day. Then in that case, I'm done writing this book... No, I'm kidding. 😂

Thank you for reading. I hope all of you can stay until the very end. I'm open to any CCs, suggestions, comments.

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS EXCEPT MARK.

Vote and comment 💙 (please)

-Brainy_dolphin<3