21- Where We First Met

Percy's POV

-

Thud! Grover tossed his phone and magazines into the table.

Their headlines read:

Percy Jackson and girlfriend, Rachel Dare, spotted coming out of the hospital.

Percy Jackson and ex, Annabeth Chase, holding hands! Are they back together?!

Did Percy Jackson and Rachel Dare fake their relationship?!

Percy Jackson, Rachel Dare, Annabeth Chase, and Mark Collins caught going inside a hospital in San Francisco! A messy situation ends up with a baby?

Former lovers Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase caught coming out of a hospital at night. A Percabeth baby on the way, perhaps?

Pictures of Annabeth and I at night; Annabeth and I going into the hospital; Rachel and I coming out of the hospital; and Mark going in alone were plastered on the magazines' cover and on Grover's phone.

"Again? Really, Percy?" Grover huffed, frustratingly. "Why is it that you have a hard time understanding that you can't get caught?"

I placed my head on my hands and sighed. "Why is it that they find me at the most suspicious locations? I really have bad luck."

"This is way worse than when they caught you outside of those bars drunk," He commented. "What do you want me to release?"

I raised my head and looked at Grover, who was leaning on his desk, with his hands in his pocket. "I can't release the situation, when it's not mine to tell. Annabeth's dad and siblings got in an accident. We have to come up with something else."

My weight shifted, as Grover sat down on the couch with me. I nearly forgot that Rachel was there, until she spoke her mind.

"Well... we can't just say nothing!" She argued, looking at her phone, so that she could fix her hair. "They think that you have a baby coming with Annabeth! We need more photo ops together, more time to hang out, more instagram photos of us... and less of Annabeth and Mark."

"I agree," Grover chimed in. "Especially because David called me today. He wants his son out of the press. Not only did he call me, but Athena also called me. The entire agency is up on my ass about this."

My eyes bulged out of my head. "Athena? Wha-why?"

"What do you think, Percy?" He raised his eyebrows. "Annabeth's reputation and the company she's supposed to inherit is on the line. Athena doesn't want her daughter to be all over the tabloids with the words 'home-wrecker', 'pregnant with ex', 'two-timer' especially when they're not even true... She's not pregnant right."

"No!" I huffed. Grover sighed in relief. 

"Serves her right for coming after you," Rachel muttered. I was about to tell her off, but Grover cut me off. 

"If we try and say something that damages her reputation, Athena's going to sue for defamation," Grover added.

I sighed in frustration.