5- Tabloids

Percy's POV
_

1 week later...

Awkward Reunion?
Former power-couple, superstar Percy Jackson and daughter of world-renowned architect, Annabeth Chase, were seen eating dinner at Manhattan's famous French restaurant, La Grenouille. Don't get your hopes up, Percabeth shippers. They were sitting at different tables, but were next to each other. Percy Jackson was eating with his manager, Grover Underwood, his cousin, Thalia Grace, and friend, Luke Castellan. Annabeth was not alone either! She was joined with rumored boyfriend, Mark Collins. Along with Collins's father and Annabeth's mother, it seemed like a family dinner, perhaps?

None of the former couple were seen interacting. Do they have bad blood? The real question should be: Is tension still there between Percy and Mark?

My eyes skimmed through tabloids upon tabloids that all said the same thing: reunion. Apparently, the airplane didn't stock up on different ones.

It's like they intentionally replaced every category of magazines to this, I thought.

My mind was getting dizzy from reading and thinking about it. It wasn't helping either that I was thousands of feet up in an airplane, and reading was the only thing that could help me take my mind off of my probable death. I know, shocking. Reading... I must be, literally, going insane.

Thalia wasn't looking too good, either. The whole plane smelled like her puke. She sat in front of me with her eyes closed and face green. She held on tight- too tight- on her arm rests, that her knuckles have gone white. Her windows were closed, to block any sight of height. Though, it's not helping much when she knew we were so high. At least, I have someone to endure this beautiful flight.

"Pilot says we're landing in 10 minutes," Grover said. In his suit and tie, he was ready for business.

Luke, on the other hand, is having the time of his life. He's stretched out on his chair, sound asleep. He slept for the majority of this ride, even through the smell of Thalia's puke.

"First things first, the meeting with the agency. It'll probably take a one to two hours depending on the topic. After that, if we're not held up, we'll do a little bit sight-seeing," Grover told me.

"Do you know what the meeting is about?" I asked, curious to see what meeting takes two hours.

He shrugged. "You."

____

Fog city, San Francisco, welcomed me with its cold breeze. With its winding hills and refreshing air, I became too excited.

"I hate riding in that airplane so much," Thalia said, as she swayed a bit. While waiting for our ride, I wondered how things would be for a month. Since I am staying here for a month, I wondered if I would see all of San Francisco and probably more of the outer suburbs. If I was spending more than 3 weeks in this place, I might as well see all of it.

"You're thinking about her aren't you?" Luke came up to me, trudging his luggage.

I shrugged. "No." And I truly did mean it.

"That's a lie," he said, accusingly. I gave him a pointed look. "It's hard not think about her, Percy. Everywhere I look, everything just reminds me of her."