20- Familiar Face

Annabeth's POV

_

I stood in front of the two boys, staring at each other as they shook their hands, in the middle of a busy hospital hallway. A second went by... then 5 seconds...10 secon-

"So when can I expect the fight" I interrupted their stare off. Their grips loosened.

Percy and Mark's eyes left each other and turned their gaze to me.

2 hours earlier...

"Percy...wake up!" I huffed in annoyance, as I loomed over the bed.

In a jolt, he sat up. The blanket skimmed down his upper body, revealing his bare chest. I might or might have not taken a quick glance. "Wha? Do you really have to shout in my ear?"

I crossed my arms and sent him a deathly glare. "Helen called me. Dad's okay and awake. We need to go to the hospital now." I turned and left the room, leaving him to get ready.

While he got ready, I brought down Matthew, Bobby, and Dad's backpacks, filled with essentials, into the car. I waited for Percy to come down, impatiently looking at my phone for the time. Just as I was about to call him, Percy came running down and into the car. He wore the same clothes as yesterday.

"You know..." I said, as I backed out of the driveway. "I thought 2 years was a lot of time for change, but you still sleep like a hibernating bear."

"I'll take that as a compliment," he said, showing a slight smile. He looked at the back seat and stuck his arm out to rummage for something. He pulled out the film camera I had tossed in the back and the other camera from his pocket. 

"Where do you want me to drop you off after the hospital?" I asked.

"At the company would be good. I have some things to take care of," he said, while fidgeting with the camera.

"Are you writing a new album anytime soon?" I was curious.

"Maybe," he cheekily said. "I'm feeling a bit inspired and have to do rehearsals for Napa."

I turned to him. "You're going to Napa?"

He nodded. "Yeah, this week. There's a festival up there, and I'm headlining. Have you been to Napa?"

I shook my head. "Nope. Years of living here, and I haven't gone to Napa. There's no point for me to go before, since I couldn't drink."

"I heard it's beautiful. Miles and miles of scenery. There's a castle there that I wanna go to called Castello di Amorosa," he said. I kept my eyes on the road, but I could feel him looking at me. "Who knows maybe I'll find my princess."

I glanced at him unamused. "To the rest of the world, you already found your princess."

"They're not wrong," he said. "But they have the wrong girl in mind."

Dumbfounded, I kept quiet and kept driving. When we had reached the hospital, I had parked, and we gathered the bags for my family. We were making our way to the front doors, when suddenly a hoard of papparrazzi had climbed out of their vans and gathered around us, shouting at us for attention.

"Percy! What happened?"

"Percy, who's in the hospital?"

"Annabeth! Are you and Percy back together? Are you with Mark?"