10- Brunch Approval

Thalia's POV
_

11:25 am, my phone read. Where are these fuckers? I internally screamed. For the past 30 minutes, Annabeth and I were munching on sourdough bread baskets the waitress had given us. We had gone through 4 baskets. Let me repeat that. 4 BASKETS. WITH JUST THE TWO OF US! IN 30 MINUTES!

"Thalia, we should just order for ourselves," Annabeth said, finishing the last of the bread, and picking up the menu.

"Okay, okay," I huffed, quickly tapping my foot on the floor. Fishing out my phone from my bag, I texted Percy : If you aren't here in 5 minutes, I'll make sure you have no place to sleep in tonight. Then, I took the menu and skimmed through entire page, not knowing what I just read.

I glanced at Annabeth, thinking that she would be done picking and was ready to order, but her eyes fluttered everywhere at the room. Sometimes at the other empty table in the room. Sometimes, outside the window that had overlooked Fisherman's Wharf. She bit her lip and looked down at the menu again, tapping her fingers on the cloth-covered table.

Coming back to San Francisco took me some time to get back into. I've had so many memories with Rachel, Luke, and Annabeth and to see us end up where we did... is messed up. Luke cheated on Annabeth with Rachel, yet he became one of my closest friend. What a fucked up group, I thought, shaking my head and looking back down at the menu.

"Sorry we're late." I looked up, putting my best death face on. Percy's eyes widened, and scratched his neck. "Uh, traffic was bad," he said, glancing at Rachel, who looked way too put together for brunch. From far away, Annabeth and I looked like Rachel's employees. I shuddered.

"Mhmhmm," I uttered, gazing my eyes up and down at Rachel, "blame it on traffic." Annabeth cracked a small smile, then stood up from her wooden chair. All previous nervousness gone, she extended her hand towards Percy and Rachel.

"Hi," Annabeth said, hand outstretched towards Rachel, "good to see you again."

I raised an eyebrow. Girl has balls, I thought impressively. To my surprise, Rachel gave her a hug. Annabeth looked surprised, but gave the hug back.

"Thank you for inviting us for brunch!" Rachel excitedly said. When they had pulled away, Annabeth looked at Percy. She extended her hand.

"Good to see you," Annabeth said in a formal manner.

Percy smiled and accepted her hand. "You too." Annabeth pulled her hand back, and they all sat. Rachel and Annabeth sat across form Percy and I.

While Rachel was talking to Annabeth about how things have been and all that good stuff, I whispered to Percy, "I am killing you for being..." I looked at my phone. 12 pm. "An hour late."

He looked at me in surprise, "Hey, parking was full, and avoiding the press isn't really the easiest thing to do. Why'd you pick Boudin's, anyway?"

I smirked. "You're lucky I did or else this whole brunch wouldn't be civilized, at all." I turned away from him and mustered a smile. "Rachel, how are you?"

Rachel flicked a strand of her red hair away from her eyes. "I'm very good. Being back in San Francisco is very weird, but it feels good to be back home."