~4~

Kazuscara

Tonight a music night was on at the theatre. It was a one night only event that was completely dedicated to music. It consisted of many musical performances including people playing instruments or singing. 

Outside the theatre there was usually merchandise from bands that were performing. There was also food stalls and games to play. People also sold other things like toys and CD's.

Anyone could join but there was usually a tight schedule so the form had to be filled out and handed in months in advance. If not it would be unlikely that you would be able to perform. Even if you could you would be stuck performing at a late hour when most people had gone home.

Scaramouche wasn't one to attend or participate in events like these. It was just another ordinary night for him. Unfortunately, his friends had decided to drag him there. They had even forced him into a different outfit so he could "fit into the theme" whatever that meant.

Childe and Signora had insisted on going right as it opened. This meant that a bunch of people were lined up to get inside. The three hadn't met up yet. They planned to wait in line together so they could sit together. If they didn't it would be hard to meet up. Scaramouche almost wished that they did this.

Dottore had managed to get out of going much to Scaramouche's annoyance. He had told them he had a project to work on and a school assignment that was due the next day. There was also homework he had to do. This was the real reason why he didn't have to come. Childe had to copy his homework.

After some time waiting, Scaramouche saw the other two. They joined the line which had only gotten bigger. He glared and crossed his arms. I can't wait for this to be over, he thought.

He glanced at Childe to see him grinning while happily touching his cheek. His face looked much better than how he'd left it. "You seem better Childe," he smirked preparing to torture him with words.

Signora put a hand on his shoulder and whispered, "Not a good time."

To everyone, except his friends, Scaramouche was a horrible person. He said mean things to everyone and even got violent. The truth was that he didn't know when to stop saying rude things. He didn't know when it was appropriate to continue teasing and when it wasn't. He didn't understand feelings or emotions very well.

Sometimes this led to him ruining someone's good mood. It was why he didn't have any friends before he met Childe, Signora and Dottore. Since becoming friends they've helped him a lot but he'd never admit it.

Once they were in the theatre they were seated at the back. Scaramouche was bored and scanned the crowd. In the front row he saw a boy sit down. He had white hair and looked cute. From where he was sitting he could clearly see him so he watched him as more people entered.

He didn't take his eyes off him even when the performances started. The boy was just too cute. Scaramouche thought that this was a bit out of character for him. He'd never stared at anyone for so long without a hint of maliciousness.

It was a short time later when the boy in the front row stood up with some others. He turned around and smiled at Scaramouche before going somewhere else with the others. He didn't think much about the smile. It was just coincidence. He was curious about where they had gone and why.

Oh well, he thought and finally started watching the performances. The music was alright but he really didn't have any interest in it. He just sat there slumping slightly in his chair while being bored.

"Next we have Kazuha and Venti performing some original songs," someone announced.

Scaramouche looked at the stage and immediately sat up in his chair when he saw who was there. It was the cute boy he had been checkingout observing. He now noticed other details about the boy that were impossible to notice before.

He had a red streak in his hair and stunning red eyes. There was determination in them but also kindness. His skin was pale and pretty which isn't a word you usually use to describe skin but Scaramouche thought that it was appropriate. He had a gentle smile that seemed to widen as he looked at the back row.

Scaramouche was shocked for a second thinking that the boy was looking at him. His cheeks turned slightly red but he couldn't look away he was that mesmerised. Kazuha, as he know knew since he recognised Venti, seemed to smirk at him before starting to play the flute.

Venti was playing the lyre and the combined music was so beautiful that Scaramouche was instantly captivated and invested in the song. He recognised straight away that it was a sad song conveying trauma and loss. Kazuha's previously positive face was now distraught as he poured his heart out into the song.

For some reason Scaramouche wanted to comfort him and make him happy. He wanted to hug him and tell him sweet things. He wanted to see him happy again. Before those thoughts could escalate further, he shook his head to clear them and watched Kazuha perform.

When that song ended they played another one that was slightly more upbeat. It still had hints of sadness in it but it wasn't as overwhelming as before. This pattern continued until the song was so happy and exciting that Scaramouche was struggling to contain his smile.

After they were done the three decided to head out since it was getting late and people had started sneaking in alcohol. Dealing with drunk people was a hassle and they were all still a bit traumatised from a previous experience.

Childe's older sister was going to pick them up since none of them could drive. The front of the theatre was overcrowded so they went to the back where it was a little better. The back was where the stairs that led to the dressing rooms/backstage were. They stood some distance away so they weren't in the way of the performers coming down.

They stood under a tree as they waited for Childe's sister to arrive. Childe and Lisa went off to the toilets leaving Scaramouche alone. As he stood there someone approached him. He turned around to see Kazuha and his eyes widened.

"Hello, Scaramouche~."

His voice was nice. It was beautiful, attractive, somewhat poetic and sweet. That was an understatement. No words could ever describe how amazing his voice was. The flirtatious tone only added more to it. Scaramouche blushed a little.

"H-How do you know my name?" he tried to sound demanding but it was failing.

"Oh~ I've seen you around at school before. It's a little hard to miss such a cutie~."

Kazuha continued walking forward until they were almost touching. Scaramouche turned even more red and avoided eye contact. He smirked at him and leaned closer.

"My name is Kazuha. It's wonderful to meet you~. I can't help but notice that you're alone. Would you like me to take you home?"

"I- You don't have to do that. A friend is dropping me off."

Scaramouche closed his eyes, raised his head to the side and crossed his arms. Meanwhile, Kazuha was a little disappointed. However, that wouldn't stop him and he continued to smile.

"Besides I don't even know you," Scaramouche continued in the same position.

"Well, how about you get to know me? I'll see you tomorrow?"

Kazuha had backed off but was still watching the other closely for an answer. Scaramouche opened his eyes and nodded one with a more gentler expression. Kazuha grinned and ran off.