~6~

Rannett
Studying was not really their forte but still here sat Bennett and Razor. It was a considerably normal Tuesday afternoon. The weather was boringly average. A few clouds were scattered in the sky. It wasn't cloudy but it wasn't necessarily sunny either.

The library was as deserted as always with the exception of the people who usually came there and the newcomers. It was quiet as libraries tended to be when it wasn't invaded by hormonal teenagers with a strange passion to cause trouble.

The librarian eyed Bennett and Razor nervously. He seemed worried that the two would disrupt the peacefulness. They weren't the type of people to intentionally cause trouble but trouble always seemed to find them.

Bennett was the world's unluckiest person. That's what it seemed like at least. Tripping over his shoelaces and being hit by random rocks was just the start of it.

He had been in the hospital more times than he could count. All of the doctors and other stuff members knew him at least a bit and made sure to check up on him frequently. They also helped him take care of his many dads who had adventurous type jobs. They were prone to getting hurt as well.

Razor, on the other hand, wasn't really considered a normal person to other people's high and mighty standards. When he was born his birth parents had abandoned him. Since then he had lived in the wilderness until Lisa found him and convinced her parents to take him in.

He wasn't the best at talking and didn't enjoy it either. Being near/surrounded by a big group sometimes made him panic so he tended to be a bit of a loner. He wasn't great at reading either and his handwriting needed work.

Razor and Bennett had met on their first day of high school. Razor was struggling with high school and was sitting by himself so Bennett came up to him. He introduced himself afterwards and their friendship grew slowly but surely.

At first, Razor wasn't sure about making friends. He thought Bennett was loud and talked too much. After a while of hanging out with him though he got used to it. He found that he liked listening and didn't have to talk much.

The two had previously planned to meet up so Bennett could help Razor with his reading and writing. He had improved greatly since the start of high school but there was still work that could be done.

Originally, they were going to go to the school library since it was convenient but it was closed. The librarian was sick and her assistant, Lisa, had decided to chill at a friend's house.

This is also meant that they couldn't go to Razor's house either. Their parents were working so they obviously weren't present. Razor was nervous about being home alone with Bennett because of new feelings that had started appearing.

He had stared to love listening to Bennett ramble. It had nothing to do with his desire to not talk much anymore. Sometimes he even felt that if the other boy wanted him to he would try his best to talk for him.

When he was around him his cheeks would get hot and red. His heart would beat fast and it felt like things were flying around in his stomach. It wasn't necessarily a bad feeling though.

Because Razor was too busy with these new confusing feelings and loving thoughts, he failed to notice Bennett's own red face when they were together. He would stutter slightly too. He was even a bit more clumsy and distracted. He was going through the same thing as Razor.

Bennett's house wasn't really an option either since there was often many people there and it could get quite loud. Bennett knew that this was too much out of Razor's comfort zone since he hadn't been introduced to his dads yet. He had only recently been comfortable hanging around all of their friends in a big group.

Sitting at the desk, they did their homework. They didn't get some of the questions so they would often try and work it out together. They ended up giving up though. Instead, Bennett helped Razor with his handwriting.

"Like this," he said and put his hand over the other's to adjust it.

Razor's eyes widened and he flushed. Bennett realised what he was doing and got flustered. He immediately let go and laughed nervously.

"Let's just go watch a movie," he suggested.

Razor nodded and they set off. Thankfully, it didn't take too long to walk to the cinema. Neither of them had their license. Bennett was hesitant to learn how to drive because of his bad luck while Razor just didn't want to learn.

When they got to the cinema they had a look at what movies were playing. There was none that they wanted to see or had heard of so they picked a random one. Afterwards they paid for their tickets and bought a popcorn to share and some drinks.

Only a few people were in there with them so they could sit in there desired seats without having to sit next to anyone. The ads began to play and the movie started shortly after.

Neither of the boys knew that this was a sad movie when they picked it. Razor wasn't particularly interested in the movie. He preferred more action heavy movies and even then movies weren't really his thing.

On the other hand, Bennett was very invested in the movie. He liked pretty much all genres of movies but emotional ones held a special place in his heart. He watched with interest and wide eyes. By the end of the movie tears were streaming down his face.

The movie finished and the boys made their way out of the cinema. Razor noticed that Bennett was crying and quickly put a hand on his back to comfort him. Over the years that they had known each other he had realised that Bennett needed affection to calm down.

"Benny, ok?" he asked with a worried face.

"Yeah," he sniffed, "That movie was just really sad."

He soon stopped crying and they got ice-cream. As they licked it Bennett came to a realisation that made his cheeks colour.

"This is like a date," he stated, nervous about how the other would react.

Razor paused. His cheeks turned red slightly as he thought about it. He looked at his friend who didn't seem to hate the idea of it and grinned.

"Yes."

A/N This is my first time writing on my phone so I'm sorry if there's any mistakes. I'm still getting used to writing here 🤪