~13~

Chili/Tartali

"You shouldn't be running inside," Zhongli reprimanded with his arms crossed.

"You can't tell us what to do," one of the three people responded while mimicking Zhongli's pose.

He sighed in frustration. As part of the student council he was give authority to tell students off within reason. If something like a fight was happening or a student  was caught with an illegal substance he wasn't allowed to deal with that alone. Not to mention that any student could just tell someone to stop doing anything.

"Look, this is for your own safety. It isn't  a hard thing to do."

"Listen here, dude. Stop acting like you are all high and mighty. No way is anyone gonna listen to you so just stop. Its annoying, no one thinks it's cool. You're so stupid."

Zhongli rolled his eyes completely unaffected by their nonsense. However, someone else was extremely effected. Childe, who had seen him and had been walking towards him, had heard everything and was super mad.

He stormed over to stand in front of him looking like he was about to murder several people. The three people in question stared at him in confusion. 

"What do you think you're doing?" he demanded.

"Um, having a conversation?"

"Yeah fucking right. Shut your shitty mouths and leave him alone."

"Woah, dude we weren't even doing anything that bad."

"Shut the hell up. Stop insulting him! You think he's acting all high and mighty when you're the one being a complete jerk like you're a self obsessed dick!"

"Calm down dude, I didn't even say anything that bad."

Childe grabbed the guy's collar and leaned in close, "Does that make it ok?"

Zhongli grabbed him around the waist and pulled him back.

"Childe! I'm so sorry about him."

The people left while glancing at each other in confusion then a little bit of panic when they realised who it was that was yelling at them.

Zhongli sighed and shook his head, "You need to stop getting into fights."

"I'm trying," Childe pouted, "But they were insulting you!"

"I know you were just defending me but they really didn't say anything that bad. You didn't have to do that."

"I just like you too much."

"Oh," he cleared his throat, "Well, not that this an excuse for your behaviour or something that gets you out of trouble but what exactly do you mean?"

Childe's eyes widened and he looked at the other boy with a panicked expression.

"Nothing."

He turned to leave but his arm was grabbed and he was turned around. He had always been amazed by Zhongli's strength and now was no different. The strange mix of love and fear was appealing to him which made him want to leave even more.

Their heads were close now which made him blush and avoid the other's gaze. He studied his flustered face calmly with eyes full of affection.

"Ajax, when you said that you like me too much did you mean romantically?"

Zhongli was one of the only people that knew his real name and of course he would use it in a situation like this.

"It doesn't matter."

"It does."

"Ugh, you probably already know the answer so why even ask?"

Childe felt like he was being tortured and prayed that it would stop. His feelings were being played with like a toy some toddler would chew on.

Gently, a hand grabbed his chin and made him look at the other. His other hand pushed his head forward so that their foreheads were touching.

"Can I kiss you?" Zhongli asked with his face starting to match Childe's.

"Yes."

He wasted no time and immediately pressed their lips together. It was soft and gentle. Childe wrapped his arms around the other's neck to keep him from pulling away. That didn't work though since Zhongli did just that. They were still at school after all.

"You don't have to ask to kiss me," Childe whispered as he cursed school for existing.

"Yes I do. There may come a time where you don't want to be kissed or don't want do to do something else I do. It is important to ask so that I know what you are comfortable with doing and what you are not. Consent is extremely important especially in a relationship."

"A relationship?"

He smirked and stroked the other's jaw before kissing along it. Butterflies flapped around in his stomach although he hated to be that sappy. How respectful this guy was made him love him even more. He felt like he could die with all the emotions bursting inside of him.

Zhongli had frozen with his eyes wide and his face red. No one had ever done such a thing to him and the way it effected him was quite frankly a touch inappropriate. 

"I- o...only if you would like to," he stuttered out.

"Are you asking me to be your boyfriend?"

"Yes."

"Of course I will."

The bell rang interrupting their moment. Childe glared and flipped off the school. Zhongli chuckled and held his hand down. The ginger took this as an opportunity to hold his hand.

Zhongli kissed his hand then waved goodbye and left. The other watched him leave with a pout. Although, he was now understanding the phrase 'I hate to see you go but I love to watch you leave'.

All through his class, Childe kept remembering the feeling of Zhongli's lips on his. The desire to make out with him was hard to ignore and he couldn't focus on the teacher's voice at all.

The thought of what they'd do after school made him smile but then he realised they had only started dating less than an hour ago. It was probably too soon to do things like that. He didn't think so but he had no idea what Zhongli thought.

When the class over, meaning the school day was over too, he still couldn't stop worrying about it. He didn't even notice Zhongli walking over to him. When he finally looked up and noticed him, his cheeks turned pink and he was staring at his lips.

"Is something wrong?"

Hurriedly, Childe looked away embarrassed. Zhongli tilted his head in confusion then suddenly seemed to understand. He smirked and pulled the other to a place where no one could see them.

Gently, he pushed him against the wall and asked, "Kiss?"

Childe nodded. No other words were needed before their lips were moving against the other's. Both of them wanted it that badly.

Abruptly, Zhongli opened his eyes at the feeling of a tongue running quickly against his lips. He stared at Childe's red and desperate face and noticed how attractive it looked.

"Can we make out? You know, with tongue."

His voice could barely be heard but still Zhongli eagerly nodded yes. Their mouths met again as they tasted each other. He pushed him a little harder against the wall as their tongues expored each other's mouths.