~18~

TW: Blood and loss of consciousness

A/N Please let me know if I need to put other trigger warnings at the start of other chapters

Jeanlisa

Jean folded her clothes into a neat pile next to the sink. She placed the pyjamas she would be wearing next to them and grabbed a spare towel from the cupboard.

The bathroom was pretty yet small so there weren't many places to hang the towel. The marble sink was pretty much filled with her clothes as well as soap and a few makeup products.

After she hung it on the door handle, she turned back to the shower, finally ready to have one. It was then that she realised that there was no soap in there. Jean looked in the cabinet but all that was there was makeup, cleaning products and medicine.

She sighed, staying at Lisa's was never easy. It was fun just being with her though even if there was always a few of these minor complications.

So with a peaceful smile on her face, she wrapped the towel around herself and placed her hand on the door knob. The coldness of it startled her and those few seconds was all it took to hear the mumbling coming from the other room.

Out of curiosity, she listened in. It was only meant to be for a little while, she would never want to intrude in Lisa's privacy, but what she heard made her cheeks colour and her heart beat faster.

"How do I say this?" Lisa was muttering, "Can I just be like, I'm really in love with you, Jean? That's way too casual."

The door creaked open after she had listened for a while. "Hey Lisa, there's no soap," Jean said as if everything was normal and she hadn't heard a thing.

Lisa looked like a kid who had been caught with their hand in the cookie container. She stared at her for a second, face pale and panicked.

"Lisa?"

Only after her prompting did she snap out of it. "Yes?"

"Didn't you hear me? There's no soap, can you get some please?"

"Yeah, of course."

Swiftly, she left the room with her face obviously very red. Jean hoped her own face would cool down before she got back. Her heart was beating fast and she placed a hand over it. Her eyes widened as the truth of what had been said sunk in.

Lisa was in love with her.  The seemingly joking flirting and small touches all made sense now. The large amount of compliments no usual friend would say. The affectionate smiles and looks. 

How hadn't she noticed before? It all seemed embarrassingly obvious now. Still, the way her stomach felt weird and how she smiled without meaning to was nice. She loved her too.

After they had both showered, Jean planned to talk to Lisa about what she had overheard. They could sort their feelings out, talk about their relationship and then just talk (she had a pretty good feeling that they'd be dating by then).

Just thinking about it made her heart flutter and her smile grow wider. She moved her hand to her mouth as she giggled. As she stepped into the bathroom again she glanced in the mirror and noticed how in love she looked. It was embarrassing so she turned a way.

The knock on the door made her perk up and she walked over to open it. Lisa seemed more calm now as she handed the soap over. It was a bottle instead of a bar that Jean was more accustomed to using.

Their hands brushed against each other and they both lingered there for longer than was necessary. Abruptly, Lisa pulled away as she realised that the other wasn't wearing any clothes, only a towel. She closed the door then hid her face in one of her pillows.

Jean was confused by the reaction but simply hung the towel up again, made sure her was tied up and stepped into the shower. She didn't worry about locking the door. This was Lisa's bathroom so she knew that no one would accidentally walk in on her.

The warm water hit her skin. It was a pleasant feeling especially after such a long day of school. Now that she was a senior, school was a lot harder. Not that it wasn't hard as a junior. She had worked harder than anyone else and also had many extracurricular activities plus a job when she was old enough. This had never changed throughout the years but it had gotten harder as the years went by. 

She squirted the soap onto her hand and wasn't surprised by the purple colour or the nice smell. After she finished cleaning, she stepped out but as her foot hit the ground she slipped. Panic briefly ran through her body as the ground disappeared and her head hit the edge of the shower. That was when it all went dark.

Lisa, who had heard a loud thud, ran to the door. "Jean?" she called, "Jean? Jean!" She opened the door and upon seeing her ran straight to her. She dropped to her knees and lifted Jean's head. Blood was coming from her head and had gotten onto the side of the shower.

"Jean? Jean, are you ok?" When she didn't get an answer, tears started to drip from her face down her cheeks. She fished her phone out of her pocket after laying Jean's head on her lap. She called the ambulance and the tears didn't stop even when they arrived.