6: How Many Facial Jokes Are You Making Today?

Hey there. Sorry for the delay but I was busy editing the published version of Book One. If you're interested in the paperback or ebook version of this story, check out the link in my bio!

Frank stared at the inside of Lindsey's closet. It couldn't even be considered a closet anymore - it was bigger than his bedroom for sure. His jaw dropped as he looked around in awe. The room seemed to be split into two sections: one for her clothes and shoes, and one for her makeup. The vaulted white ceilings and their crisp white lights looked so modern in comparison to the astoundingly beautiful crystal chandelier that hung from the middle of it. The wooden cypress flooring was so polished that he could almost see his own reflection in the dark wood. The left side of the room had all of her work and business attire in beautiful white shelves and racks with glass doors. Atop the shelves was where all of her purses and bags were carefully stored. And in between two of the shelves on the left was a big floor-length mirror with those pretty vanity lights all around it.

In the middle of the room was a set of two of the most unique pieces of furniture that Frank had ever seen. He walked into the room and took a closer look; they were glass-top displays with her jewelry nestled in red velvet, and thin drawers down the face of each structure that no doubtedly held more jewelry or accessories. What made them so unique was that the back side of each counter jutted out into a short L shape that was padded in white leather and topped with beautiful cushions to create an ottoman-type seat.

He whistled as he looked around, "Damn."

The other side of the wardrobe seemed to be her more casual clothes hung up behind more glass-paned doors. Instead of a floor-length mirror on this side, there was a beautiful vanity table in white and it had enormous drawer-towers on either side for all of her makeup products. The table had a white velvet chair gilded in gold sitting in front of it and had a crystal vase of white orchids atop its shiny surface. He grinned as he took a seat in the comfy armchair, watching her curiously as she switched on the lights to the table and began looking through her vast makeup collection.

She pulled a small round ottoman from nearby and sat down next to him, humming as she arranged some products on the counter, "Good thing you're so damn pale or I wouldn't have any foundation for you. Although..." She took his wrist to look at his veins, "You are more of a yellow neutral undertone than I am."

"Is that racist or not? I can't tell." He whispered softly and she snorted, making him grin, "Just kidding. But... How do you tell?"

"Your veins." She smiled and turned his wrist over, "See here, your veins have this blue-green teal tint to them. That means you have a neutral skintone. It's the most versatile, honestly. You're so lucky. Look at mine."

She turned her arm over and moved her bracelets out of the way to show him, "See how mine are a more true blue? They're almost a purple color. My skin is cool toned and almost a pink tone. So your foundation, for example, has more yellow base and mine would have more blues and reds."

He laughed softly, "I'm fucking translucent, Linds. How is your makeup gonna work on me?"

She smiled, "Let me worry about that and you decide if you want something dark and dramatic, or something colorful and fun?"

"When do I ever do 'colorful', Linds? Really?" He smiled as he cleaned his face with a wipe and was immediately accosted with a pair of soft hands smearing something onto his face. He huffed in surprised and closed his eyes, "Jesus-"

She snorted, "Relax, it's just a primer. You've been surprised with worse on your face."

"How- Ow- How many facial jokes are you making today? Just so I can prepare myself."