10: Don't Want You Pissing Yourself in Public, Yet

Frank stifled a yawn as he trudged along behind Gerard and Josh, cursing the bright morning sun that mocked him. It was barely seven in the morning and the latter two were behaving as though it was a pleasant afternoon stroll. Frank scowled at the back of their heads, hoping that his midi-chlorian count would kick in and he'd somehow be able to choke them both with the Force.

As if.

He sighed, listening to them talk about work, and watched Jim trotting along and sniffing at the pavement. The beach to his left was serene, not a breath of wind to ruin the picturesque morning. He stuffed his hands in his pockets, feeling very much like a third wheel thanks to Ty being comatose in the hotel and leaving Frank to fend for himself behind two beautiful demigods.

They continued to walk for a solid half an hour until Gerard stopped to look at his watch. He turned to Frank with a smile, "I have to go back, I have a meeting in an hour."

"Should I-"

"You can stay here and keep Joshua company." Gerard interjected with a smile, looking at the pink-haired submissive who looked rather startled at the mention of his name.

Frank immediately slammed on the brakes, "Wh- No, no, sir. I can come back and help you take notes, or-"

"I insist. Get some sun and fresh air before it gets too hot." He eyed Frank over his sunglasses, "Stay, boy."

The turn from employer to Dominant was instantly picked up by Frank, his back immediately straightening despite himself. He nodded obediently, whispering a quiet, "Yes, sir."

Gerard gave them each a glance over the rim of his sunglasses before he turned to walk back toward the hotel. Frank watched him longingly, stifling a whine in his throat that threatened to bubble up. He looked away from the back-view of his Master and away from Josh at his side. He had noticed that Josh took a step closer, almost in a protective manner now that Gerard had left.

Frank turned to look at him, choosing to allow the proximity to stay unmentioned between them, "So, uh, what now?"

"I was gonna grab some coffee and let Jim run on the beach for a little bit." Josh shrugged, "Y-You can... You can join me, if you want to."

Frank cleared his throat and ignored the flush in his cheeks, "Yeah, sure. Sure."

He followed behind the older male instinctively, his hands behind his back, as they walked to the small local cafe. He was befuddled for a solid twenty seconds when Josh asked him what he wanted to drink - he hadn't ordered for himself in over three months now. He stammered out his order before turning that familiar shade of red that seemed to happen exclusively around Josh.

They walked out five minutes later, letting Jim off of his leash as soon as they hit the white sand. Frank watched the golden retriever sniff along the ground, sipping his caramel frap as he sat down on a nearby bench. Josh sat beside him, sipping on the same thing but decaf. Frank hated the awkward silence between them, feeling the need to fill it, "You, uh, enjoying yourself so far?"

"Yeah, I mean, it's like a vacation, isn't it?"

Frank immediately snorted, "Sure."

"What?"

He sipped his drink, "You and your boyfriend-"

Josh interjected, "-Partner."

"Partner?" Frank frowned, to which Josh nodded solemnly. Frank nodded, "Partner, it is. Where was I?"

"I think you were gonna rant about your vacation." Josh said softly.

Frank nodded, "Exactly. You and your partner may be having a fun vacation but I sure am not."