17: That Makes this a Little Easier on My Ego

Frank was standing in the middle of a large ballroom, clutching anxiously onto a flute of champagne that he was periodically sipping. He was dressed in the best black suit he had and was looking around at everyone in attendance. The fundraiser was being held by Gerard and his campaign, raising money for his cause, and there were over a hundred people there, all dressed so formally. Everyone from the office had shown up in their fanciest attire, too. Lindsey had on a floor length gown in a beautiful red that hugged her figure and matched her lips. Gerard was dressed in an emerald suit with a red tie that matched his wife's dress. They looked picturesque and Frank loved how perfectly perfect they seemed to the public, even when it hurt a little to see his lover on the arm of someone else. But he didn't mind it, he was understanding.

"Bored, too?" Josh whispered as he came up to Frank, dressed in an all black suit and looking gorgeous as usual. Frank nodded and let out a sigh, chugging his bubbly. Josh laughed quietly, "Me too."

"Ty not coming?"

Josh snorted "He gets uncomfortable around any group bigger than us, you think he's gonna come to a giant boring work party with strangers in a big open space he doesn't know?"

Frank chuckled softly, "Alright, point taken."

Josh followed Frank's gaze, "They're beautiful together, aren't they?"

"Absolutely." Frank whispered, "I get why he hasn't been caught or anything, they pull it off so seamlessly."

"It's 'cause they're best friends." Josh smiled, "Natural chemistry, I guess."

Frank nodded and finished his champagne, sighing softly, "I'm so fucking bored."

"I wish I could help but I have to check in with him every few minutes and help him remember everyone's name." Josh laughed and showed Frank the perfectly typed notes on his phone.

Frank smiled a little, "Good for you. I hope he's paying you overtime."

Josh smiled and blushed a little, hurrying off when he was called. Frank watched Gerard and Josh talk quietly and he smiled as he wandered off to find food.

He was in the middle of stuffing a pastry into his mouth like a gremlin when a hand was outstretched toward him, offering him a napkin. He glanced up, no doubtedly looking like a savage animal, to see who was perceiving his very existence. There was a tall man in a very nice black suit with his peroxide blonde hair slicked back. He gave Frank a dashing smile, "You look like you could use this."

Frank swallowed his mouthful and grabbed the napkin, his cheeks flushing pink, as he whispered a small thanks.

The man held out his hand, "Adrian Collins."

Frank shook it politely, noticing just how perfect his teeth were when he threw another smile Frank's way; they must have been veneers or something. He also had an accent that Frank couldn't quite place but it definitely wasn't Jersey, maybe not even American. His green eyes were piercing and his nose was so prominent but it fitted perfectly on his chiseled face. He smiled, "Frank Iero."

"A pleasure to meet you. Can I get you a drink, Frank?"

Frank's cheeks went pink and nodded, watching Adrian walk to the nearby bar and order him something. He returned a moment later with the waiter who handed him the beverage. Frank sipped it and did his best not to cough. He huffed, "What the hell did you get me?"

He chuckled, "A White Russian."

"Is that where you're from?" Frank asked curiously, eyeing his current acquaintance.

"Kazakhstan, actually." He noted as he sipped his own drink, "And I do not doubt you are from New Jersey, Frank."

"What's that mean?" Frank huffed a little, "What exactly makes you think so?"