Chapter 26

TW: this chapter may be a little triggering so if you need to skip onto the next one then I completely understand <3

~ Harry's POV ~

Its been two months since Louis dropped me like the broken toy nobody wants to play with, that's exactly how I felt for the first month.

Broken.

I cried for five days straight when he left me on Christmas Day, he could've at least had the decency to leave the day after and not ruin my favorite holiday but whatever, joy is a thing of the past for me now.

For the first month there was only pain, the kind of pain that completely consumes you making it difficult to even breathe. I cried and cried all alone locked in my room because I had nobody to run to and there was only one person that could make me feel better but that person was also the source of my pain.

My mother saw how completely distraught I was but she made no attempt to comfort me, she left on the twenty sixth just like she said she would. If my own mother didn't love me how could I ever expect anyone else to?

I was a fool for letting myself fall in love with him and an even bigger fool for ever thinking that there was a small chance that he would love me back. Of course he could never love me, if he could he wouldn't have left like that; without even offering me a reason why he was leaving.

He stayed true to his word, it was definitely over no matter how many times I called him, he never picked up the phone. No matter how many texts I sent him, he never replied. No matter how many voicemails I left him, he never once returned my call; I bet he just deleted them.

As the days went on my contact attempts dwindled each day until they stopped completely, it was clear he wanted nothing to do with me so I needed to accept it. You cant force someone to be with you.

I had thought that coming back to school, maybe he would see me and change his mind, but he didn't. Louis completely ignored me, it was like I never existed and we never shared any of our moments.

Out first kiss in my car.

The first time we held hands.

The time he took me to that flower field just to make me smile.

The first time we were intimate.

The way he called me his.

If I didn't have any photos on my phone of the both of us together, I would've thought I had hallucinated the entire thing.

But I did have photos, so many of them and I spent hours just staring at them and crying, asking myself what I did wrong? Everything was fine before I stepped in the shower; I was so happy I burst into song. That's when you know you're on top of the world.

When your heart is so full of love that you cant stop singing but at they say 'what goes up must come down' and boy did I come crashing down faster than a broken rollercoaster.

I missed him so much that I couldn't wait to come back to school just to be able to look at him in person, even if he didn't want to talk to me I knew I could still sit next to him and feel his smell and his calming presence but Louis went out of his way to avoid me.

Our math and English partnership was severed as quick as our relationship, I had been so exited for the double English first thing on Monday morning just so I could spend two hours with him but as soon as I stepped in the door, the teacher informed me I had been paired up with Luke instead.

The same thing happened when I walked into maths, that's when I knew in my heart that it was completely over. If he had gone to the trouble of changing partners now when before, when he despised me but still kept me, then it was real.