Chapter 42

~ Harry's POV ~

It has been two long boring weeks. 

Two weeks filled with basically nothing since I really had nothing to do now that I am completely done with school. The school was more than happy to let me take my exams so I could graduate early as my poor attendance was adding a blemish to their flawless records. 

So within the first few days I had taken all of the exams I needed to and I spent the rest of the week completing the necessary coursework for the rest of my final grade. It didn't take me long at all since I had absolutely zero distractions. Turns out Louis really took up most of my time and when he wasn't around I didn't know what to do with myself. 

I felt a little lost. 

I was worried that being away from each other for so long, that we may drift apart or the same thing that happened just before Christmas would occur. I really didn't want that. But to my surprise it did not happen actually, we text constantly and facetime every single day when he is done with his classes. 

Louis also tried to graduate early but the school said no way. Those were literally the words the chancellor emailed him. It was a little funny that someone in charge of an entire school could type out such an informal rejection. Apparently Louis did not quite have the same grades as I did, they had improved drastically but not quite enough that he could simply take the tests and leave. 

He was not happy about that. Not even a little bit actually, he spent forty eight minutes ranting to me down the phone about it over facetime while pacing back and forth in his room. The way he got all worked up over it was quite funny to me but I tucked my lips into my mouth to hold back on the laughter, lord knows that that if he heard me laugh then I'd probably get roasted alongside the chancellor. 

Dylan had come into my room to check on what all the shouting was, for such a little body Louis sure does have a voice to fill an entire arena, I shot Dylan a subtle shake of my head when he was about to speak. Louis just needed to get it all off of his chest so I let him and listened intently. Sometimes you just need to have a good complaining session to feel better; you don't necessarily need any advice or comfort but just someone to listen and I was happy to do it. 

I missed him like flowers miss the sunlight at night. 

It was really hard to not be able to see him whenever I wanted, imagine sleeping next to someone every night and getting used to that feeling of peace and safety each time you wake up with them pressed up against you, only to have that taken away from you. Granted I took it away from myself because it was my decision not to return to school. 

We convinced ourselves that it was only a few more months and it would all be over, and in just one week we had that trip to London so that was what we were looking forward to. But I couldn't help the small pit of despair that had started to grow in my stomach when I thought about school ending. 

Because that would mean Louis needed to go back home, to England, and I hated myself for not thinking about that before I decided to graduate early. I temporarily forgot that Louis' life isn't here in America like mine is, no Louis' life was back in England where all of his family was and each time we spoke I wanted to bring it up but I was afraid of what he would say. 

So I simply didn't bring it up. 

But he knew something was bothering me, even through a screen that boy knows me better than I know myself. I would shrug his questions off and plaster on a smile to avoid the topic, because what if he said he was going to go to university back home? Or if he just simply wanted to move back to be near his family... I would never stand in the way of that but I cant follow him because I signed my life away to my modeling company and they were based here; in America.