o. prologue

-THE BEGINNING-

-THE BEGINNING-

FIRE.

That was all Zhang Ju could see. One minute she was practicing combat with her older sisters, now there was war in her peaceful home. Or, what used to be peaceful. It was all ruins at the moment.

War. It seems like a petty thing at first, until it starts. Warriors are constantly trying to evacuate the people that are caught up in the mess. Except in Ta Lo, everyone is a warrior. In the battle, Ju fought alongside her parents and sisters, as well as the other villagers. The house of Zhang fought with crisp and precise movements, never missing a beat. Anyone who dared lay a finger on them would suffer.

Each member of this powerful family was graceful, mixing in their nature abilities as they fought. Many lives were lost that dreadful day. Including most of the Zhang family. Their only survivor was Ju, the youngest and most connected with Mother Nature.

Once the war was won, everyone was celebrating. Except for the young girl. She could not take this overwhelming amount of pain. The people who raised her, gone. Never to be seen again.

The teenager talked with her elders, begging to see what other opportunities lay outside her village. She promised to keep in touch with her magic, and never use them for evil.

Eventually, the elders gave in, feeling sympathy or the suffering girl. Ju wanted to start a new chapter of her life, one that would help her with her pain. She never broke her promise all those years, not once. The elders respected that greatly. Being able to balance a somewhat "normal American life" and her magic, was extremely impressive.

And so, as the years went by, Ju graduated high school and got a job as a valet. It wasn't much, but it meant everything to her. It was the simple life, and it was great. But even great things come to an end.

This is Zhang Ju's journey.